The Cavaliers 2017

Just for the record, we're not happy the Bluecoats dropped a spot.  We're happy The Cavaliers moved up a spot.  We have nothing but respect for the corps from Canton.

• Like 7

On 8/4/2017 at 11:24 AM, pudding said:

It certainly seemed to work for them back in 2000-2006; the Green Machine was stunning to watch and was also highly rewarded. 2010 was also a banner year, and they used a similar visual approach. Part of the reason why I've fallen out of love with the Cavies lately is that they've strayed from the amazingly crisp and refined designs that won them titles. Recently I've felt that they are trying to reassert their identity, but they are mistaken in what their identity is. It's not just having a Y-chromosome, it's being mature and powerful, while still being under tight control. That is the Cavies I love, not this pastiche of testosterone. 

I'm sure they know what their identity is more than anyone here.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Just for the record, we're not happy the Bluecoats dropped a spot.  We're happy The Cavaliers moved up a spot.  We have nothing but respect for the corps from Canton.

Couldn't have said this better myself. Bluecoats are my second favorite corps, I'm just super happy Cavaliers pulled this off  

• Like 3

After seeing The Cavaliers and the Bluecoats last night I knew we had passed them but I'm going to share something:  After hearing Carolina Crown have some technical issues and performance issues, I honestly thought The Cavaliers had jumped ahead TWO spots.

1 minute ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

After seeing The Cavaliers and the Bluecoats last night I knew we had passed them but I'm going to share something:  After hearing Carolina Crown have some technical issues and performance issues, I honestly thought The Cavaliers had jumped ahead TWO spots.

I think I would of lost it if that happened lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I think I would of lost it if that happened lol

Breaking into the top three again will be very difficult.  It's going to take a Herculean effort especially in the brass section.

1 minute ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Breaking into the top three again will be very difficult.  It's going to take a Herculean effort especially in the brass section.

They can do it. I believe in this corps and the direction they are going. I think they are going to have a lot of talent come in for auditions. 

I hope for some screamers in 2018

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I hope for some screamers in 2018

Yes, if the program calls for it.  I would personally like to see my old corps try to play music from the band Chicago but that's not normally done by drum corps.  

6 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Yes, if the program calls for it.  I would personally like to see my old corps try to play music from the band Chicago but that's not normally done by drum corps.  

I hope it calls for it... 

Is it bad that I hope they play Somewhere over the rainbow for their ballad?

13 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

True, and there could be an added threat of Boston Crusaders competing for a spot in the top three too, which could make it even more difficult, but until SCV met Bloo and Crown for the first time this past season (I hate saying that so soon after finals), lots of folks did not expect them to place second and most shows, place so close to BD. Until the show is designed, talent is recruited, and the next season begins, we won't know for sure, but I think lots of people in Indy this year began predicting a Cavies surge next year.

• Like 1