Carolina Crown 2017

Then again, Klesch, Harloff, Hardon (and Hannum) could revisit the show style Klesch did with Cadets in '86 with the focus on the hornline. Apppropriate music too (On the Waterfront.)

So there would be 116 Crown Brass, 3 majors, 1 American Flag poster, 20 in the front ensemble (they can do anything and everything in percussion!) and the rest guardsters who would be joined by those hornplayers dormant for this or that portion of the show.

Since this was a Cesario idea back then, even taped as having said "Come on now, how many ways can a rifle or flag spin in a circle? Really?" I'm sure that the Artistic Director of DCI would love it and call it amazing, modern, stretching the envelope, etc., et al,, et nauseaum.

But up side is that the Crown sound of its' hornline would be preserved. Besides color guard and drums love WGI.

Edited by xandandl

John Mapes/Ian Grom would be a good fit at Crownpercussion. I'm sure theire are good guard people around and at this point Crown certainly could start promoting alumni up the ranks. They're a top tier corps. Drill/designers we'll see.

Edited by Tobias

John Mapes/Ian Grom would be a good fit at Crownpercussion. I'm sure theire are good guard people around and at this point Crown certainly could start promoting alumni up the ranks. They're a top tier corps. Drill/designers we'll see.

We will wait and we will see :whistle:

I agree the guard will be fine. There's a culture there that Doo-Doo built over the years but now has a very strong life of it's own. Crownguard will be fine.

Percussion will also be fine. Onward and upward.

Drill writer holds so many good possibilities that I can't wait to see who finally ends up there.

Program design will be a key spot to watch.

IMO.

There will be a rainbow at the tail end of that storm in Ft. Mill.

We will wait and we will see :whistle:

I agree the guard will be fine. There's a culture there that Doo-Doo built over the years but now has a very strong life of it's own. Crownguard will be fine.

Percussion will also be fine. Onward and upward.

Drill writer holds so many good possibilities that I can't wait to see who finally ends up there.

Program design will be a key spot to watch.

IMO.

Who's Doo Doo? 🙊