Carolina Crown 2017

Going with Occam's Razor here again. The most logical answer is usually the answer.

But hey they could land Gaines and all of that would change.... but unless that happens Time is an enemy to the perception of what is going on.

I actually agree with you IF the wait lingers on and on.

OTOH it's only 2 September -- not quite time to hit the panic button.

(and look up Occam's -- you've got that a bit mixed up. try simplest instead of logical)

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

I actually agree with you IF the wait lingers on and on.

OTOH it's only 2 September -- not quite time to hit the panic button.

(and look up Occam's -- you've got that a bit mixed up. try simplest instead of logical)

IDK, Others corps are already having Design meetings. Most corps have their shows tentatively picked out by the time the previous season ends. Time is not your friend when you have to Gel a design team together.

The longer this goes the more likely it will seem that next years show will be a show that brass team has wanted to tackle for a while.

IDK, Others corps are already having Design meetings. Most corps have their shows tentatively picked out by the time the previous season ends. Time is not your friend when you have to Gel a design team together.

The longer this goes the more likely it will seem that next years show will be a show that brass team has wanted to tackle for a while.

Now you're just repeating yourself.

And I'll point out that even the most ardent Crown honks here (yes -- even me) have freely admitted that when Crown missed, it was the design that missed -- not the performers. And there have been plenty of folks calling for Leon's head for years.

My guess is next year Crown takes a significant stride forward. But that's just crystal ball gazing :ninja:

or...not! let's just wait and see who rolls in to fill in for all those unhappy souls at Crown. must have been crushing to win those captions and a bronze medal. guess they just wanted (wait for it) the gold stuff!

I didn't mean anything bad towards Crown (you know they're my second favorite corps). I agree drills were never superb, so perhaps some improvement there, guard tough to stay at that level losing those key people and even a strong guy still needs to develop the chemistry with staff blah blah BUT I'm hoping Tom back at Cadets has the percussion moving forward year 1 so I have to be consistent and say crown has the potential do it too but it's not going to be easy.

I didn't mean anything bad towards Crown (you know they're my second favorite corps). I agree drills were never superb, so perhaps some improvement there, guard tough to stay at that level losing those key people and even a strong guy still needs to develop the chemistry with staff blah blah BUT I'm hoping Tom back at Cadets has the percussion moving forward year 1 so I have to be consistent and say crown has the potential do it too but it's not going to be easy.

No worries. I was a Cadet honk long before I knew who Crown even was.

The guard caption depends on (a) who they bring on (b) how many vets return. Thing is -- Crown's guard program has been producing teaching talent by the boat load. If they bring in the right person to lead, I could see them maintaining their excellence. Certainly it won't be quite the same writing as before, but that writing has been criticized (rightly or wrongly) as being unnecessarily complex anyway. And filling out staff with tech's will be not be an issue. So many former members would jump at the chance. As I said in an earlier post -- there's a culture in that caption that has a life of it's own.

Aungst wrote about 20% of the book this year. Did he make a difference at Crown? Heck yeah -- but I'm gonna have faith in his young disciples (who are remaining at Crown). They did amazing things at CWP -- they can do it at Crown if given the chance. Hoping to see that happen.

Program design. Personally I think there is a whole lot of WGI talent not affiliated with any corps at the moment. Crown should be able to comb through that and get an ideas guy. Many names come to mind.

The last hole to fill is drill. And for some reason I'm just not worried at all about that. :whistle:

Edited by corpsband

No worries. I was a Cadet honk long before I knew who Crown even was.

The guard caption depends on (a) who they bring on (b) how many vets return. Thing is -- Crown's guard program has been producing teaching talent by the boat load. If they bring in the right person to lead, I could see them maintaining their excellence. Certainly it won't be quite the same writing as before, but that writing has been criticized (rightly or wrongly) as being unnecessarily complex anyway. And filling out staff with tech's will be not be an issue. So many former members would jump at the chance. As I said in an earlier post -- there's a culture in that caption that has a life of it's own.

Aungst wrote about 20% of the book this year. Did he make a difference at Crown? Heck yeah -- but I'm gonna have faith in his young disciples (who are remaining at Crown). They did amazing things at CWP -- they can do it at Crown if given the chance. Hoping to see that happen.

Program design. Personally I think there is a whole lot of WGI talent not affiliated with any corps at the moment. Crown should be able to comb through that and get an ideas guy. Many names come to mind.

The last hole to fill is drill. And for some reason I'm just not worried at all about that. :whistle:

Yes. Crown is and has been a monster corps for sometime. I'm sure the talent coming up the ranks are plentiful and ready to be plucked. Most of Cadet's superstars (Klesch, Aungst, Saktig, Gillian, Austin and a ton of super techs) were all home grown so no doubt Crown has great picks to pick. Edited by Tobias

(and if you never watched Hogan's Heroes, this Schultz highlight film should get you to binge on it soon enough)

I have, thanks to my dad. As well as the A-Team, Dirty Harry, ect.

And you dodgin the point. I'll tell everyone my guess. All the memes yesterday? I should have known that was a clue. Crowns new drill writer is OBVIOUSLY Harambe.

• Like 1