Carolina Crown 2017

Everything Sid and Marty Kroft did was trippy. This includes. ..

- HR Puffnstuff

- Lidsville

- Sigmund and the Sea Monsters

- Land of the Lost

- The Bugaloos

- Donny and Marie

- The Brady Bunch Hour

- Far Out Space Nuts

- Pink Lady and Jeff

actually a number of those would translate to indoor quite well. but Sid and Marty were doing the good stuff -- no doubt about that.

My guess is next year Crown takes a significant stride forward. But that's just crystal ball gazing :ninja:

I thought it takes time for a staff to GEL according to several posters? ...or does that not apply to Crown? I can say that since 2008 though...they have been the most consistent corps next to the Blue Devils IMO...

• Like 1

I thought it takes time for a staff to GEL according to several posters? ...or does that not apply to Crown? I can say that since 2008 though...they have been the most consistent corps next to the Blue Devils IMO...

not sure any of those posters was me but...i'll play anyway.

IMO chemistry is there or it's not. and there's no way to predict that without trying it out. good chemistry can certainly improve over time, making the team more efficient.

that said -- if the "new guys" have all worked with the "old guys" before it certainly helps. hiring from within is another way you can maintain continuity.

but as i said earlier -- it's all gazing in a crystal ball for now.

looking at that period (since 2008) when they (Crown) have "stumbled" (admittedly a very relative term) it has not been the performer but the design. give that fact, if whoever the new team turns out to be writes the product, i have a pretty strong confidence that the performers will execute the crap out of it.

as for my "prediction" hell I'm honking as usual!

Edited by corpsband

Crown question.

So the pants from 2013 - 2016, who was the origin of that idea? People that are still there or people that left? Interested in if they keep their uniform trend going.

What a great question! DrumManTx gets a gold star today...

not sure any of those posters was me but...i'll play anyway.

IMO chemistry is there or it's not. and there's no way to predict that without trying it out. good chemistry can certainly improve over time, making the team more efficient.

that said -- if the "new guys" have all worked with the "old guys" before it certainly helps. hiring from within is another way you can maintain continuity.

but as i said earlier -- it's all gazing in a crystal ball for now.

looking at that period (since 2008) when they (Crown) have "stumbled" (admittedly a very relative term) it has not been the performer but the design. give that fact, if whoever the new team turns out to be writes the product, i have a pretty strong confidence that the performers will execute the crap out of it.

as for my "prediction" hell I'm honking as usual!

Fair question and reasonable answer but we've seen some powerhouses stumble after long time staff left so yes, great new blood and some amazing home grown ones agreed but chemistry can still take time to gel.

Fair question and reasonable answer but we've seen some powerhouses stumble after long time staff left so yes, great new blood and some amazing home grown ones agreed but chemistry can still take time to gel.

apparently you were one of the mystery posters, huh?

i disagree about the chemistry -- the team has it or it doesn't. that said -- sure it can take time for guys to learn each other and maximize their efforts. but IMO at least, it all varies tremendously with circumstance and personality. and you just don't know until you try it out.

Another question: Is Corpsband the only Crownie honker delegated to post during this inter-statu period or are the other Crownies beginning their 9 month novena so that all the "homeshows" don't become Rainbeat 2017, perhaps part of the reason for Crown's fiscal challenges at present?

No. It's just that some of us have better things to do with our time. This is entertaining though.

Another question: Is Corpsband the only Crownie honker delegated to post during this inter-statu period or are the other Crownies beginning their 9 month novena so that all the "homeshows" don't become Rainbeat 2017, perhaps part of the reason for Crown's fiscal challenges at present?

i think they are all just waiting for an announcement.

besides it gets my meme-icity rolling :ninja:

Edited by corpsband