Carolina Crown 2017

ok. we won't say that sometimes just a few guard members were not strong enough to smoothly start and stop all that angle iron. or that the props frequently failed to arrive on time or all together or in the right dot. it was all just

cTuA7Sv.png

Please review the last season's videos. Edited by Fish

you mean where they look like they're struggling to get Helen rolling? well except for the fact that even when they weren't struggling, they looked like they were struggling. or are you thinking of something else?

I wasn't reviewing Crown. There were others with props but the criticism appeared on the Crown thread.

Maybe referring to Bluecoats.. My guard buddies often wondering how Bluecoats weren't getting slaughtered for how functional the movement of the ramps where. Yet Blue Devils seem to do the same year after year and seem to breeze through..

Maybe referring to Bluecoats.. My guard buddies often wondering how Bluecoats weren't getting slaughtered for how functional the movement of the ramps where. Yet Blue Devils seem to do the same year after year and seem to breeze through..

Yes - Bluecoats and BD.

Thank you for "owning" it.

But if we all pretend that everything is happy, fuzzy bunnies, we'll ignore it.

Edited by Fish

Bloo? I can see them being called out for being very functional in the way they handled the harvesters. Wasn't seamless or integrated or character-driven. BUT -- the visual focus was always elsewhere. So if you looked at the props moving it's because you chose to look away and watch the props.

Who else sucked at moving stuff? Well BD and that ocean wave prop. Yeah I sort of don't understand how that effect in anyway overcame the slop that came afterwards. That did annoy me. Takes you out of the moment entirely.

I'd also point out -- you're comparing DCP reactions to DCP reactions which may have little if any relation to how a judge reacts.

I think if the cubes had had only one or two instances of struggle, judges would have overlooked it. But it went on throughout the show and became a distraction.

Edited by corpsband