Carolina Crown 2017

maybe Crown could do an all Whitacre show! anyway i sure would love to hear Klesch and Harloff tackle this:

happy october!

I love eric whitacre, with their brass it would be masterful!!!!

maybe Crown could do an all Whitacre show! anyway i sure would love to hear Klesch and Harloff tackle this:

happy october!

Whitacre actually made a choral arrangement of that work under a new title, which may be slightly easier to translate to brass...

...and one ambitious YouTube user combined the original wind band work and the choral arrangement. Barring some intonation issues, it sounds glorious!

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

Whitacre actually made a choral arrangement of that work under a new title, which may be slightly easier to translate to brass...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rak_rJLG49k

...and one ambitious YouTube user combined the original wind band work and the choral arrangement. Barring some intonation issues, it sounds glorious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MadjamJQ8sY

cool stuff. i mean i sort of want Klesch to go after the original because he has that knack of preserving the composer's intent so beautifully. anyway as Whitacre himself said today - I can't believe the piece is 18 yrs old already!

Edited by corpsband

cool stuff. i mean i sort of want Klesch to go after the original because he has that knack of preserving the composer's intent so beautifully. anyway as Whitacre himself said today - I can't believe the piece is 18 yrs old already!

I could see Blue Knights doing a show simply titled Whiteacre. They would do it justice.

So would SCV.

Crown Excited to Announce the Complete 2017 Guard Staff

Several Crown Alumni Returning to Help Build on the Crown Guard Tradition of Excellence

Carolina Crown is extremely excited to announce the complete 2017 Crown Guard Instructional and Creative Team.

Eight members of the team, including Joey himself, are Crown alumni and have performed in the guard. Five instructors, including Joey Powell, Rick Subel, Andria Foerch, Michael Floyd, and Erin England, have also been on the staff in past years.

“I am excited about this team and the wide range of expertise they bring to the Crown Guard," said Guard Caption Supervisor, Joey Powell.

The first Crown audition camp is coming up the weekend of November 18-20 at Nation Ford High School in Fort Mill, South Carolina. A satellite audition day will be held in Austin, Texas, on Saturday, December 3 at Westlake High School.

0X1REZz.jpg