Carolina Crown 2017

well - I think Crown will be fine - heck, better than fine. I think 1 of the 3 is an upgrade and the other 2 very strong replacements and I say overall it is a win, and frank, some fresh perspective and blood which will do them well

I expect them to contend again this season

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Nobody said that Crown would not be " fine " this season, and beyond either. I wish the Corps well this season, and always look forward eagerly to see what Carolina Crown brings to the field, as most seasons the last decade, it has been stellar.

lol suuuurrrrrrreeee you do, can of polish.

Q9kgQp6ptfcLS.gif

5 minutes ago, corpsband said:

it was clear that at least some of them were surprises.  .

Of course, CC was " surprised " with the departures. But thats clearly not what you said. You said  ( your words ) " only one ( loss ) was truly unexpected ". Look man, I sort of feel for you now, as you are spinning like a top, and its probably making you dizzy or something. But you can't spin yourself out of " only one ( loss) was truly unexpected".. as even with the New Math they teach in schools these days. " one " still equals " one ", not more than " one ", as in " some "... lol!

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Of course, CC was " surprised " with the departures. But thats clearly not what you said. You said  ( your words ) " only one ( loss ) was truly unexpected ". Look man, I sort of feel for you now, as you are spinning like a top, and its probably making you dizzy or something. But you can't spin yourself out of " only one ( loss) was truly unexpected".. as even with the New Math they teach in schools these days. " one " still equals " one ", not more than " one ", as in " some "... lol!

Hey = I think what he meant was to "those paying attention" the drill and some of the other design approaches had become a bit stale and they "figured" some changes would happen

As an outsider I personally thought the drill design and the visual approach (choreography included) had become very stale and repetitive so I personally felt some changes should or would happen

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

and I stand by that -- KP was gone and LM had been the subject of debate here many many times.  MT was a real shocker (at least at the time I made this post it was).  Subsequently , as details emerged,  it was certainly far less of one.

The only spin here is you misquoting me from a post I made in August of last year.  And one needs to ask "WHY"?  Apparently because you didn't like that I dared to post in the BAC thread.  Hmmm.   Otay Buzz.  You keep on saving DCP! 

Edited by corpsband

3 minutes ago, corpsband said:

lol suuuurrrrrrreeee you do, can of polish.

Q9kgQp6ptfcLS.gif

Yup. When the Corpsband spin fails him, he always reverts to form, ie.... he  brings us his Corpsband Cartoon characters.. oh whoopdeedoo. Such fun... lol!

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Yup. When the Corpsband spin fails him, he always reverts to form, ie.... he  brings us his Corpsband Cartoon characters.. oh whoopdeedoo. Such fun... lol!

And when you don't want to respond,  you simply try to change the subject!  (like complaining about a gif !) 

26 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Hey = I think what he meant was to "those paying attention" the drill and some of the other design approaches had become a bit stale and they "figured" some changes would happen

As an outsider I personally thought the drill design and the visual approach (choreography included) had become very stale and repetitive so I personally felt some changes should or would happen

So, it really wasn't mostly the " First National Bank of Boston" that motivated these staffers to transfer to Boston, as Corpsband claimed on here all last Fall ?, it really was mostly that CC felt they could do better than the Visual Design and Guard Design that Townshend- Potter- May were giving Crown ? That these Designers were giving Carolina Crown " very stale and repetitive " productions lately ? Are we DCP'ers getting mixed signals here ? Was Carolina Crown REALLY getting " very stale " show productions from these Carolina Crown Show Designers ? If so, until they left, I had not heard this complaint on here on DCP before about them. The DCI judges apparently didn't think the Show Designs from CC were " very stale ".  But that said, if the shows WERE  "very stale ", and if the hype by Corpsband that CC will " come out ahead " this season staff wise over their former Show Designers productions is accurate, Carolina Crown should have a fantastic show design this summer that improves their 3rd place medaling finish from last season. I think this season could be the most intriguing in years then, as it appears that Carolina Crown will be even better this season than last season... especially in Show & Guard Design, it would appear. I am very excited for such expectations for Carolina Crown this season, as CC is one of my favorite Corps over the last decade. George.

Edited by BRASSO

11 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

So, it really wasn't mostly the " First National Bank of Boston" that motivated these staffers to transfer to Boston, as Corpsband claimed on here all last Fall ?, it really was mostly that CC felt they could do better than the Visual Design and Guard Design that Townshend- Potter- May were giving Crown ? That these Designers were giving Carolina Crown " very stale and repetitive " productions lately ? Are we DCP'ers getting mixed signals here ? Was Carolina Crown REALLY getting " very stale " Designs from these staffers ? If so, until they left, I had not heard this complaint on here before about them. The judges didn't think the Show Designs from CC were " very stale ": But that said, if the shows WERE  "very stale ", and if the hype by Corpsband that CC will " come out ahead " this season staff wise over their former Show Designers productions is accurate, Carolina Crown should have a fantastic show design this summer that improves their 3rd place medaling finish from last season. I think this season could be the most intriguing in years then, as it appears that Carolina Crown will be even better this season than last season... especially in Show & Guard Design, it would appear. I am very excited for such expectations for Carolina Crown this season, as CC is one of my favorite Corps over the last decade. George.

I agree on Leon May and he had been brought up before as getting  a bit meh.  At least at Carolina Crown. I'm excited to see what he can do in a new setting under new circumstances. His HS work was very different, at least to my eye, from what he did at Carolina Crown.   I absolutely adore what he does in that setting.