Carolina Crown 2017

2 hours ago, corpsband said:

What's getting under Brasso's skin here is that anyone might say a word less than complimentary about the departed staff.   

No, thats not  an accurate assessment of my commentary about the former Crown staff at all, imo. I never let the critical comments of Crown's Staff by a few Crown and Cadets fans on here " get under my skin ",. I think what gets under " Corpsband skin" is that I find the recent complaints about them so curious. If these former show designers were so " stale "  at Crown and the new hires are an upgrade, then why has he spent 10 times more time this off season on the Boston Crusaders thread than he has ever spent on the Boston Crusaders thread before ? Fair question right ? I mean.. if you are essentially pleased the staff has left, and you have a new staff thats believed to be an ugrade, why follow the travels of the old" very stale " staff to their new home almost daily and in a ratger obessive manner ?. Its like, a guy with no kids gets a divorce. He tells us he's glad the divorce finally took place as the marriage was getting " very stale", He finds a new girl quickly  then  he says she's prettier, and better than his X,and his very happy now with "the change". Now... raise your hand here if its likely that guy with the prettier and better " upgrade" girl he tells us he has, is about to go spend every evening camped out below the lamplight at his X girlfriends house.. lol!.. I know, I know, its ridiculous.. .lol!. Unless the guy was lyin' or a complete bizarro character, he's spending all his time with his prettier, better, " upgrade " girl.  The girl that he broke up with because she was supposedly  getting " very stale " becomes a total non interest to him now, and you don't go to her house every day to see whats going on there with her and perhaps her new boyfriend now there... lol! That'd be considered more than a bit strange to most people. So I think there could be a bit of something else at play here, as the story line given of  staff " upgrades "doesn't quite match up with the behaviors here, now does it ?. It sounds convincing, but the behaviors really seem to belie that, imo... lol.

Edited by BRASSO

17 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

No, thats not  an accurate assessment of my commentary about the former Crown staff at all, imo. I never let the critical comments of Crown's Staff by a few Crown and Cadets fans on here " get under my skin ",. I think what gets under " Corpsband skin" is that I find the recent complaints about them so curious. If these former show designers were so " stale "  at Crown and the new hires are an upgrade, then why has he spent 10 times more time this off season on the Boston Crusaders thread than he has ever spent on the Boston Crusaders thread before ? Fair question right ? I mean.. if you are essentially pleased the staff has left, and you have a new staff thats believed to be an ugrade, why follow the travels of the old" very stale " staff to their new home almost daily and in a ratger obessive manner ?. Its like, a guy with no kids gets a divorce. He tells us he's glad the divorce finally took place as the marriage was getting " very stale", He finds a new girl quickly  then  he says she's prettier, and better than his X,and his very happy now with "the change". Now... raise your hand here if its likely that guy with the prettier and better " upgrade" girl he tells us he has, is about to go spend every evening camped out below the lamplight at his X girlfriends house.. lol!.. I know, I know, its ridiculous.. .lol!. Unless the guy was lyin' or a complete bizarro character, he's spending all his time with his prettier, better, " upgrade " girl.  The girl that he broke up with because she was supposedly  getting " very stale " becomes a total non interest to him now, and you don't go to her house every day to see whats going on there with her and perhaps her new boyfriend now there... lol! That'd be considered more than a bit strange to most people. So I think there could be a bit of something else at play here, as the story line given of  staff " upgrades "doesn't quite match up with the behaviors here, now does it ?. It sounds convincing, but the behaviors really seem to belie that, imo... lol.

373!!

TY89O22.gif

2 hours ago, corpsband said:

expectations at Crown are very high. 

Your hype for Crown this off season is so noted. With each of the several times that you've told us too. The new staff is an " upgrade  too. Great to hear. Seriously. Nobody wants to see a Corps potenially suffer with marcher and/ or staff transfers.  So all is great. Good to hear too. Look forward to watching an improved Crown Corps this season too,. Seriously. And who wouldn't want to see and hear a better show from Crown this summer  than the former staffers there gave them? I certainly will be looking for the hype to match the higher expectations now for CC this summer too !

Edited by BRASSO

51 minutes ago, corpsband said:

161 words..  no content.  i'd usually post the egg-man to those sort of posts but...he's so yesterday.

TY89O22.gif

Corpsband favorite TV show ? ,, ,lol! Its a "new wave" family show from the..... "new"  1980's

As Art Linkletter once said..... " Corpsband ( kids ) say the darndest things ".

3 hours ago, corpsband said:

Brasso wants to crow about BAC's new staff.  In fact not only does he crow about Boston, he's crowing about Pride (who he's never mentioned in the past  but now is somehow worthy of his crow-age).    

Yes, but  " crowing " about a staff is better than dumping on them, and " crowing " a staff is not " hyping " a Corps. " Crowing " can make me laugh too. Its good for the lungs, as well as the soul... lol!!!

Edited by BRASSO

8 hours ago, corpsband said:

so....  we heard that Crown was auditioning for a member to sing.  but afaik no such singing has surfaced yet.  wonder if the kibosh was put on the voice or if they're just waiting for ST to add it in.  

I think it's more "CROWN" to do what Cadets are doing and have a chior. It seems more musical where as a single singer can come off cheesy although Crown has been less likely to cheese it up. Time will tell. 

10 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I love SCV... probably more than most on here, but to say Crown medaled last season because " SCV just missed " disregards the fact that when it comes to Crown and SCV, SCV always " just missed ".  The head to heads the last 8-10 years between Crown and SCV tells the storytline here, Tobias. And these heads to heads results are not a one off. These multi season results put to bed the idea that Crown medaled last season because " SCV just missed " last season. ahhhh.. lol!... I don't think so. Crown medaled because... are you ready for this... they had a better Guard last season that framed the Visuals better than SCV and the Cadets, That alone could not win them a DCI Title, but it was enough to keep them ahead of both SCV and Cadets by just enough, Tobias.

Of course but SCV won percussion, had a very nice guard and visual show and an improving brass... a bit more show development and judging community could have pushed SCV up if they wanted to. Let's look at gaps between them and Cadets. Multi point gap opened almost over night.  SCV had enough ingredients in the stew to jump way over Cadets at the last minute. All I'm saying is a bit more and Crown may have had a problem if the show continued to get stale.