Carolina Crown 2017

See, I try and give an honest review of what was happening at camp and you guys go and "whoosh" it. I see how you are. 

Anyway, I've been to the last several April camps and the hornline was smaller than usual for an April camp but word on the street is that it was indeed finals that kept most away.

The kids are fine but this was the drums first camp since January, and they're still learning the book. As for the music we only heard the opener, and it has a real fun feel to it, but you can tell listening that there will be some major rewrites. Lots of musical ideas happening, leaving the door wide open for visual storytelling. Again, the music has a very 2008 feel to it, with may different melodies and musical ideas. You'll understand better when you know the theme. I would say this will be a much different program than we've seen from the corps in the past 5 years. 

Ok, going to look at my video from today one more time before I check in for the night.

whoosh!

• Like 2

[reads the new post]

[sees a few posts by coprsband and brasso]

[skips the next three pages]

nope.  Didn't miss anything.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, corpsband said:

sure does look that way.  can't wait to see this group perform!

3OVdrOj.jpg

Just found out that someone I know made the cut and is in this photo, so I guess you and I are Crown-honk allies for a season.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Oh Crown 2017.

Why don't you announce your musical selections so we can talk about your show?  I am pretty hyped to get people's take on the music.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Oh Crown 2017.

Why don't you announce your musical selections so we can talk about your show?  I am pretty hyped to get people's take on the music.

I expect a lot of this:

1C4k6Lw.jpg

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, corpsband said:

I expect a lot of this:

1C4k6Lw.jpg

I expect a lot of seizures... People will forget where they are for a few moments.  It will be that good.

Headscratcher.png

Edited by jjeffeory

If someone swears not to say anything to anyone on any forum or in person...could they be told in a personal message? :tongue:

10 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

If someone swears not to say anything to anyone on any forum or in person...could they be told in a personal message? :tongue:

Please! I need music to listen to haha! Now all the corps are waiting so late that I don't have a good playlist for working!

• Like 1