Carolina Crown 2017

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Maybe I'm too close to whats going on with Boston, and you're too close to whats going on with the Cadets and so our experiences are shaped by those experiences, and what we see and hear at our respective camps. Thats more than likely whats happening here George. I know you hear stuff all the time about the Cadets from people that don't have a clue, as they don't go to the Cadets camps and really don't know what they are talking about. I get that at Boston too. The stuff I hear makes me chuckle as well. I will look right at something, yet read on the social media that what I'm looking at, is not what I'm looking at... lol

are you trying to imply that Boston wasn't trying to recruit Cadets/Crown kids like crazy? Even offering monetary "advantages" etc..

and that's fine that they did that, in all honesty - frankly it's been going on since the dawn of time in drum corps. But it just is what it is

Cadets moved quickly, secured Tom, got some great techs lined up - and they have an extremely talented battery to hit the field starting tomorrow

there's a lot of this going on behind the scenes - I get that. But Boston hasn't made a lot of friends this off season with some of the antics 

12 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

are you trying to imply that Boston wasn't trying to recruit Cadets/Crown kids like crazy? Even offering monetary "advantages" etc..

Yes and No. Some staffers did... some didn't.  But like I said, we all agree that these respective Corps are all very happy with their current staffs & their current marcher talent levels, and thats the bottom line here right now. Like we said before, Marchers and staffs change Corps all the time... usually the lower placing Corps is devalued in some measure when these perennial higher placing Corps take some of the lower placing Corps best marcher talent and/ or staffers away. But in this case, we are hearing that the higher placing Corps have replaced their staff and talent pool to first rate levels that are customary to them. So this seems like a win-win situation all around to me. So until we might find out otherwise, its all good here, George.

Edited by BRASSO

29 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yes and No. Some staffers did... some didn't.  

I'm rooting for Boston big time. Hoping we have another powerhouse corps in the making (I think we do) and I fully expect them to have a terrific summer. 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I'm rooting for Boston big time. Hoping we have another powerhouse corps in the making (I think we do) and I fully expect them to have a terrific summer. 

The East could use another powerhouse Corps in DCI too. Heck DCI itself could benefit from it, imo.  But you've got to earn it on the field of competition. Nobody is going to hand you anything in DCI.. nor should they.

Edited by BRASSO

58 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

The East could use another powerhouse Corps in DCI too. Heck DCI itself could benefit from it, imo.  But you've got to earn it on the field of competition. Nobody is going to hand you anything in DCI.. nor should they.

...and Boston IS a powerhouse corps.  During their history how many CYO & VFW championships did they win or vie for? My opinion is that I believe that they'll soon return to powerhouse status after a long hiatus,  This storied program should be near the top.

....and I'm not even a Boston honk, just how I feel.

• Like 2

What I do know, is that Tom hasnt produced a top line in a decade!  What I do know is Colin has produced top lines with far less talent than most others. Because he has the ability to mold and teach, gets on the field and gets it done.   

So until we see what Tom can produce, my money is on Mcnutt.  All day everyday!  

What I do know is the guard staff at Boston is top notch and guard members follow that.  People need to suck it up and get over it but take notice at what's happening in the NorthEast!  It might not happen this year, but from  what I know, it's certainly is coming!

DCIKnowItAll 

Edited by DCIKnowItAll
  • Like 1

Easy does it DCIKIA, especially on a thread with another corps name in the subject heading.  Just let the season run its course, maybe even two or more years, to see who can puff up their chests.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DCIKnowItAll said:

Point taken - seems to be a lot of discussion about Boston on this thread, had me confused there for a minute.  

With the big change in staffs in BAC, CAD, & CC, and BAC hiring staff from both CAD and CC, all three threads headed by these corps have a lot of comments about all three corps.  It's been an interesting off season in many ways.  Welcome aboard and don't forget rook, you buy the first round!

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

there's a lot of this going on behind the scenes - I get that. But Boston hasn't made a lot of friends this off season with some of the antics 

nvm

Edited by Liahona