Carolina Crown 2017

15 hours ago, johnpendell said:

Remember when BD won in 2014 and everyone was grilling them  saying Coats should have won and the response was, it was the best executed show what do you want from the judges... IMO Tilt was far more revolutionary than the next two seasons. It literally set them up perfectly, and it was really an expansion on the innovation of Tilt. Down Side Up wasn't some out of left field show... nothing we haven't seen the Coats do in years prior. I defend BD in 2015 too, they deserved the win because they executed it the best, and I'm obviously a Crown guy. Why is execution irrelevant now in 2016 onward? 

Were people really though? I don't recall that all, not even among my students (who were fervently for Coats in '16). At shows I attended, most people seemed to be in awe after BD's performance. I remember people enjoying what both corps were doing, but BD was head and shoulders above everyone else that season.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Lance said:

come back @corpsband

27 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Knock, knock.... can corpsband come out to play? I miss him! CORPSBAND WHERE R U???

permanently banned from the discussion board.  I'd probably plan on continuing on with discussing Crown 2017 without him. 

25 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

Were people really though? I don't recall that all, not even among my students (who were fervently for Coats in '16). At shows I attended, most people seemed to be in awe after BD's performance. I remember people enjoying what both corps were doing, but BD was head and shoulders above everyone else that season.

That's just fiction.  On here there was lots of enjoyment for Coats but the consensus was that BD definitely deserved the win.   The only place I've seen people saying Tilt should have won was on some YouTube comments and those were even just a handful.  

Now 2015 on the other hand......but I digress.  How about Carolina Crown 2017?   

• Like 1

Going back to Crown 2017, I know the corps was looking for a strong female vocalist during the offseason. Any updates on this? Have any of you who have seen Crown live recently heard her or heard about her?

P.S. If any of you are suddenly realizing this and crying wolf, remember that Crown had vocal groups in 2013 and 2014, so it shouldn't come as a total surprise.

9 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Going back to Crown 2017, I know the corps was looking for a strong female vocalist during the offseason. Any updates on this? Have any of you who have seen Crown live recently heard her or heard about her?

P.S. If any of you are suddenly realizing this and crying wolf, remember that Crown had vocal groups in 2013 and 2014, so it shouldn't come as a total surprise.

Have heard all the music and it's incredible as usual from them!  Have not heard the female vocalist yet!

1 hour ago, JohnZ said:

permanently banned from the discussion board.  I'd probably plan on continuing on with discussing Crown 2017 without him. 

Thank you sir. I think I had a virtual crush on him. 

2 hours ago, JohnZ said:

Permanently???

Dang.... what does one need to do to get that sentence passed?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dcsnare93 said:

I can only speak from my experiences obviously, and I remember a lot of people talking about it. After the theaters, and after finals in groups when we'd all be hanging out discussing it. Dunno.

i go to spokane for theater broadcasts, and it's very easy to tell which school the tweens go to and which corps their band directors love and hate

i try to tune out their stupidity between shows by just playing on my phone, but some of it leaks through anyway

crown and bd tend to get a lot of poo talk

• Like 2