Carolina Crown 2017

Great to see Vincent Thomas back with CrownGuard!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

Why did he withdraw?

Mostly financial stuff, having to travel cross country every month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

1. Crown attracts top performers with experience in the marching arts. 

2. The musical duo Klesch and Hartloff have a tried and true chemistry and consistently produce great music/Brass lines. 

3. Guard attracts top talent even without MT so will perform very well. 

4. Jeff Sacktig writes great drills and the current viz team will get them squeaky clean. 

Regardless of show concept unless it's a huge miss, that keeps them in top 4. 

and Thom Hannum and Travis do know a thing or two about percussion. Although I think percussion there has usually had to play back up to the brass book. As a result, Crown doesn't always attract or retain a consistent Sanford trophy winning set of drummers and percussionists. However, those they have usually have a great summer experience and do have great talent. Perhaps a change in overall design team will provide new outlets for percussion as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

and Thom Hannum and Travis do know a thing or two about percussion. Although I think percussion there has usually had to play back up to the brass book. As a result, Crown doesn't always attract or retain a consistent Sanford trophy winning set of drummers and percussionists. However, those they have usually have a great summer experience and do have great talent. Perhaps a change in overall design team will provide new outlets for percussion as well.

For what it's worth, I've been told by someone on the perc staff that this line has a really good chance of top 3. A good amount of returning vets in addition to some very talented new kids.

Looking forward to seeing this show soon.

6 minutes ago, HBD said:

For what it's worth, I've been told by someone on the perc staff that this line has a really good chance of top 3. A good amount of returning vets in addition to some very talented new kids.

From what I've heard they are on the right track! The pit has some great writing as well and jeffs drill has featured the percussion quite well so far.

24 minutes ago, HBD said:

Great..we now have at least 10 lines (according to sources) that will make top 3! Woooohooo ...

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Great..we now have at least 10 lines (according to sources) that will make top 3! Woooohooo ...

just recounted - we are officially up to 11 in the top 3. I guess a 9 way tie for 3rd

• Like 4

The suspense is killing us here.  It's June 1...eagerly awaiting Crown's announcement.  

1 minute ago, chris7997 said:

The suspense is killing us here.  It's June 1...eagerly awaiting Crown's announcement.  

They are going to set a new trend by no show theme, so no show announcement. Why be like everyone else???

• Like 3

A little snippet of this year's brass book.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 2