Carolina Crown 2017

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Don't forget to say who they picked up though.  

Jeff Sacktig- Drill writer, he's the big pickup.  Did writing for Cadets, and has 7 championship titles.

Rick Subel- Artistic Coordinator, spent last six years at SCV.  I think I can see his influence in the show.

Joey Powell- Guard Designer, he's done alot with WGI and BOA.  I think he did some stuff with Crossmen, he's a Crown Alum.

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

and drill / movement guy

Correct and he was wonderful. Certainly will have some catching up to do. 

Wow I could've sworn all this happened before I took a hiatus from DCP but I either forgot or left before it all happened 

12 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Jeff Sacktig- Drill writer, he's the big pickup.  Did writing for Cadets, and has 7 championship titles.

Rick Subel- Artistic Coordinator, spent last six years at SCV.  I think I can see his influence in the show.

Joey Powell- Guard Designer, he's done alot with WGI and BOA.  I think he did some stuff with Crossmen, he's a Crown Alum.

The pick ups are VERY strong for sure!

19 minutes ago, crownisking said:

The second half is different for sure. Wow. For a second there I had to make sure I wasn't watching the Bluecoats.

Are you talking about that part that sounds for a second like Steve Reich's Electric Counterpoint from Kinetic Noise? 

Good gracious. That's one helluva closer. Man oh man. There's a hint of the old Crown in there but it's a new sound for sure. It sounds like the type of closer Bloo would do but I sure am glad Crown is doing it. It brings the show together for sure. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Good gracious. That's one helluva closer. Man oh man. There's a hint of the old Crown in there but it's a new sound for sure. It sounds like the type of closer Bloo would do but I sure am glad Crown is doing it. It brings the show together for sure. 

I believe this closer is going to be the one everyone is talking about this year!  

Anyone who wants to send me this candy, feel free!

10 hours ago, RPK said:

The ballad is giving me a Troopers 2015 vibe and I want to like it but I'm just not sure. Hopefully a completed product will sell better. 

Saw it tonight and thought the same thing. 

The closer gives me a very Blue Knights 2016 feel. 

• Like 1