Carolina Crown 2017

1 hour ago, hesthemusicman said:

I am hoping the weather cooperates tomorrow night - we are stopping by to watch rehearsal on our trip from PA back home to Orlando. 

bring your video camera and be sure to post it here! :lle:

• Like 1

As its been told to me (this is not an official description and might be a little off) - the show begins as a very traditional drum corps show but then slowly begins to unravel, as does the world around it. Its about deconstructing a traditional drum corps show and reconstructing it into todays era.  

When I watch the show, I almost get a vibe that the corps is going into the matrix. Some of the visual stuff they're looking to do almost has a 3D approach. Once they put all of the elements in place, its going to be very cool.

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

As its been told to me (this is not an official description and might be a little off) - the show begins as a very traditional drum corps show but then slowly begins to unravel, as does the world around it. Its about deconstructing a traditional drum corps show and reconstructing it into todays era.  

When I watch the show, I almost get a vibe that the corps is going into the matrix. Some of the visual stuff they're looking to do almost has a 3D approach. Once they put all of the elements in place, its going to be very cool.

Any rotating prisms this year?

Also, for those wondering, There is a pseudo Crown formation at the start of the show (and some small hints of partial crowns here and there), but I don't know that there will be much room for the traditional crown in this years show. If I had to guess, we're seeing the start of a new era from Crown this season. Who know's they might add one at the end (I haven't seen the last 60 seconds of the show yet). But my guess is the Crown might be gone. 

And hats off to the visual team this year - Jeff has done an amazing job designing this show. Might be one of his best! Can't wait to see it in August

4 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Also, for those wondering, There is a pseudo Crown formation at the start of the show (and some small hints of partial crowns here and there), but I don't know that there will be much room for the traditional crown in this years show. If I had to guess, we're seeing the start of a new era from Crown this season. Who know's they might add one at the end (I haven't seen the last 60 seconds of the show yet). But my guess is the Crown might be gone. 

And hats off to the visual team this year - Jeff has done an amazing job designing this show. Might be one of his best! Can't wait to see it in August

The crown is never put in until the end of the season from what I remember