Carolina Crown 2017

8 hours ago, B-Flat said:

I watched Crown's show a couple of times and I may be in the minority (of which I am fine with), but I think this show will be top 3 in the end.  It is a musical and visual beast!  I totally dig the deconstruction concept as that is exactly what this show does from the ballad to the end.  I think the show has one of the most demanding musical books ever put on the field and they sound like this and its just 6/18/2017.  I am excited to see where they go with this show through the season.

I don't think you're in the minority but I do think it's about 50-50 right now. It may swing one way or the other once more people see the show. From the moment I figured out what this show was about, I knew it wasn't going to be for everyone. I'm ok with that because I've secretly wanted Crown to try something new for a few years now. Their old show format was growing just a tad stale, IMO.

• Like 1

Sorry but I'm just not a fan of this show...my least favorite show from them in over a decade...love Crown brass as always though...

• Like 4

I've now watched this show numerous times now, and I LOVE it more and more every time I watch it. I'm old school and have never really enjoy singing but I am coming to accept it and take it for what IT IS.  IT IS part of corps now and the activity will not go backwards.  IT IS an evolving and creative activity and singing is part of it now and I am going to try to enjoy it and accept it.   As far as this show goes, I have been watching different sections of the field each time to try and take it all in and there is so much going on it is just CRAZY!!  I can't wait to see the additional minute of the show they have yet to put on the field and to see how they continue to clean this monster and add more and more layers.  Potential is unreal!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Sorry but I'm just not a fan of this show...my least favorite show from them in over a decade...love Crown brass as always though...

Agreed. I'm usually infatuated at first viewing.

• Like 1

19225937_1398717306884731_70298886073979....from Facebook

Edited by wonker
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, wonker said:

19225937_1398717306884731_70298886073979....from Facebook

Hot #### that's a spicy meatball! What a beautiful uniform!

54 minutes ago, CubFan said:

I've now watched this show numerous times now, and I LOVE it more and more every time I watch it. I'm old school and have never really enjoy singing but I am coming to accept it and take it for what IT IS.  IT IS part of corps now and the activity will not go backwards.  IT IS an evolving and creative activity and singing is part of it now and I am going to try to enjoy it and accept it.   As far as this show goes, I have been watching different sections of the field each time to try and take it all in and there is so much going on it is just CRAZY!!  I can't wait to see the additional minute of the show they have yet to put on the field and to see how they continue to clean this monster and add more and more layers.  Potential is unreal!

I don't know, personally I think the Bluecoats are the future, and they certainly don't have any singing in their shows. 

This more screams "gimmick."

• Like 1

I received an Email this morning... Although there is a YouTube Video already out, I will be anxious to see The Preview from the Crown Perspective...hopefully from a higher view, so that I can better see the actual show design.  I agree with others that after multiple views of the YouTube video, this show may actually grow into something really special.  I did see a lot of guard fumbles during the show and guard costuming issues during the ballad on the YouTube video shot from the lower angle, but I am sure that will be addressed and cleaned.  It took a couple of views to also notice that it was the soloist out on the 50 towards the end of the ballad and into the next movement. Once I cued in on her on the next views with the guard shedding their final garment into the center, the soloist's orchestration of the deconstruction parts started coming together for me.

Edited by bvgordy
  • Like 1