Carolina Crown 2017

30 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

To those saying the ballad is from a Disney movie, do pray tell which Disney movie. Being a fan of both Disney and Wicked I believe I would know if it had been done by Disney. It hasn't. Disney is in the process of getting the rights to it,  but it's not a done deal because Universal is fighting Disney for them. It's like people calling Anastasia a Disney movie. It was 20th century fox. Stop calling Wicked a Disney movie when it hasn't even left the stage yet. 

Rant over. 

I think you're taking the Disney statement a little too literally lol. I mean that it sounds like something coming out of a Disney movie. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

To those saying the ballad is from a Disney movie, do pray tell which Disney movie. Being a fan of both Disney and Wicked I believe I would know if it had been done by Disney. It hasn't. Disney is in the process of getting the rights to it,  but it's not a done deal because Universal is fighting Disney for them. It's like people calling Anastasia a Disney movie. It was 20th century fox. Stop calling Wicked a Disney movie when it hasn't even left the stage yet. 

Rant over. 

They could have said it was more like a BAD Disney movie...haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Are those tennis shoes?

It is.. or it is not. That is the question. I think it is not.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, FaustianMachine said:

Long post incoming. 

So the biggest question I've been seeing for "It Is" has been about why "For Good" was included and is done the way it is (I'm assuming everyone knows about the singing at this point).

"For Good" represents the other corps who have made permanent changes in the activity... I think. 

Let's look at the structure of the show. We start off very traditional Carolina Crown: Little Fugue into Crown Imperial into the other stuff that I don't remember since I don't recognize the titles. That's Crown 101, it's textbook. Even the drill is signature Crown. 

For sure there's Giannini's Third Symphony (think '82 and '83 SCV...) and London Bridge is Falling Down...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mellojay84 said:

Don't do this to me Crown!!  your hornline is too good, too valuable, to become backup for a singer!  She has a nice quality in her voice.. but too much is too much!  and...  she's a little pitch-y..  just my un-solicited opinion.. 

"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IntercalaryTurtle said:

What does the singer do for the first half of the show? Does she just chill in the pit until the ballad? I can't see where she comes from in the vid

She comes out from the pit sideline @ the 35, walks up the 35 then across as she performs and then finally to the 50.