Carolina Crown 2017

I would be all in on the singing if it was just in No One. I'd be happy if For Good wasn't present.

Edited by cube
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, cube said:

I would be all in on the singing if it was just in No One. I'd be happy if For Good wasn't present.

My thoughts exactly.  All of the singing in For Good will get annoying before No One even starts.  It takes away the full effect of the vocalist in No One.  

• Like 2

For many in the arts, For Good is a stellar performance by Kristen Chenowith and Idina Menzel, and a spectacular duet to boot. There is no way that an on-field performance with poor acoustics by ANY single soloist will compare, even when done as a duet with Crown's incredible horn line. Nothing against the talented young lady, but my opinion is that it just doesn't work. I want to hear Crown's multi-faceted harmonies without the risky, and likely some night's pitchy vocals. 

Not everyone that objects to the singer in Crown is anti-all singing, all the time

Clearly the singer is top rate but it’s not working for me, it has that cringe inducing, looking at my watch, please be over as I’ve had enough cheese quality. Plus, if you have to tell me what you’re doing, you’re not doing it well enough. It takes me right back to Crown 2005 and their beat poetry, they re-triggered me.  It feels like a step backwards in design for them

• Like 8

I watched the show again today. Love it! Still some work needed to better tie in the back end of the show, but I think this show is top 3 or 4. They are way better than the Cavaliers I saw last night. Like 2+ points better.  I believe this show has top 3 potential once again. 

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1

As others have said, it has nothing to do with the singer herself.  She has an excellent voice, executes well and is just following instructions from the design team.  It's just overdone in For Good and quite frankly I expect better from a top corps like Crown.   

Out of curiosity, is she using an in ear?  I would hope so because I couldn't imagine singing in stadium environments that change everyday without using an in ear or some form of monitor. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cowtown said:

Not everyone that objects to the singer in Crown is anti-all singing, all the time

Clearly the singer is top rate but it’s not working for me, it has that cringe inducing, looking at my watch, please be over as I’ve had enough cheese quality. Plus, if you have to tell me what you’re doing, you’re not doing it well enough. It takes me right back to Crown 2005 and their beat poetry, they re-triggered me.  It feels like a step backwards in design for them

I think that was Crown 2004!  I loved that show though--their coming out party imo

Edited by Kevin.

Crown's hats this year are certainly unique.  Does anyone think they look too big?  They look like they are too big for the marchers' heads. 

Image result for George Latvian orthodox hats

17 minutes ago, chris7997 said:

Crown's hats this year are certainly unique.  Does anyone think they look too big?  They look like they are too big for the marchers' heads. 

+1, and Crown's not alone.  IMO, virtually all of the shako-style hats are too big.  If they look like they are on the verge of going over your ears onto your face, they're too big.