Carolina Crown 2017

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I'm not sure if you are asking my opinion or not...First off...I have not said one word against this female singer...not one at all...people are free to chose how they wish to express their opinion...good or bad...whether hate speech or not...there should be no abridge against the freedom of speech IMO...Second...it is well known that I do not like singing in drum corps...but that is what it is and I have to deal with that change whether I personally like it or not...Third...it appears to me that the biggest criticism from the numerous posts I've read over the internet (not just DCP) is the fact that she is "the show" and Crown brass serves as a backup band...change that dynamic and I think much of the criticism MAY go away...you are a bit confused in terms of calling this criticism bullying IMO...but you are entitled to your opinion about it as well...

You, by saying "stop treating them like snowflakes", are saying its okay to critique the way they are, which is bullying. So, answer the question instead of answering questions that were never asked. Are you, Liahona, condoning this kind of behavior? 

14 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

By the way, I come here to get away from politics and the real world, so please if you could, take the president and snowflake comments elsewhere. I'm sure there are other message boards that would love that, but this is the last place I think any of us want that kind of crap. 

The irony of your screen name...but OK

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Think we all need to relax........

Oh I'm quite relaxed in my recliner and drinking Country Boy Cougar Bait beer. Lol.  But being one who has went through bullying my entire life and even now as an adult, I can't stand for this kind of behavior. 

Edited by UKSuperman

Just now, UKSuperman said:

Oh I'm quite relaxed in my recliner and Country Boy Cougar Bait beer. Lol.  But being one who has went through bullying my entire life and even now as an adult, I can't stand for this kind of behavior. 

For the record I agree people were getting way too nasty about the singer last night, and I'm not saying that cause I'm scared she's gonna get her feelings hurt, I say it because it's just totally disrespectful and not in any way classy.  

Was referring to the other discussion.  

• Like 4

Just now, DrumManTx said:

For the record I agree people were getting way too nasty about the singer last night, and I'm not saying that cause I'm scared she's gonna get her feelings hurt, I say it because it's just totally disrespectful and not in any way classy.  

Was referring to the other discussion.  

I understand now. Lol. Like I said, my original comment was meant sarcastically. I think the show will come along nicely and before we know it Crown will be back in contention for gold. It just might take them a couple of weeks to work out the kinks for this show. We all just have to keep in mind,  they're going for something new that is also new to them. It Is won't happen over night. 

23 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

Another thing people are forgetting is that she is a musician who plays the mello, so maybe crown might have her play for the ballad instead, it's all a waiting game. A lot of people have no patience 

Wow really? This sparks some newfound hope in me!

7 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

Oh I'm quite relaxed in my recliner and drinking Country Boy Cougar Bait beer. Lol.  But being one who has went through bullying my entire life and even now as an adult, I can't stand for this kind of behavior. 

Sharing is caring...

Just now, Newseditor44 said:

You're no fun... lol

DrumMan just needs some more spice in his life :whip:

• Like 1

Just now, Newseditor44 said:

Sharing is caring...

It's locally brewed. I'm not sure if they're selling out of state yet, but I'd be on the lookout for it! Not a beer man, but this stuff is pretty tasty. 

• Like 1