Carolina Crown 2017

42 minutes ago, cube said:

It's baffling to me how people are criticizing her singing instead of the fact that there's singing in the first place.

I'm baffled too lol. I have 0 issues with her voice, she's a beautiful singer with great pipes. 

The use of the singing, though, is subpar. I wouldn't mind it if they used it for a small part of For Good, but it's just being used way too much right now 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I'm baffled too lol. I have 0 issues with her voice, she's a beautiful singer with great pipes. 

The use of the singing, though, is subpar. I wouldn't mind it if they used it for a small part of For Good, but it's just being used way too much right now 

I agree 100%   She's has a beautiful voice, my only problem is how she is being used.  It's just way too much and it's not her fault. 

• Like 4

Getting Closer to Bloo in GE last night helped them put a bigger spread between them and Cavs tonight! 

13 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

Getting Closer to Bloo in GE last night helped them put a bigger spread between them and Cavs tonight! 

I wouldn't read much into partial panel scores. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

I wouldn't read much into partial panel scores. 

I wasn't reading into the whole panel just GE since Cavs tied with crown on night 1 and crown being less than a point last night from Bloo in GE 

53 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Her voice is great - the arrangement isn't. Her voice is also a little lower than would work best in this song and this case, a soprano should have been cast

they also need to let the brass breath during the ballad's climax, sans voice

with Crown's extremely powerful low end a soprano vs. a tenor would play better off the ensemble IMO - the current combination makes it feel flat and low energy - which her voice is not

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Her voice is great - the arrangement isn't. Her voice is also a little lower than would work best in this song and this case, a soprano should have been cast

they also need to let the brass breath during the ballad's climax, sans voice

with Crown's extremely powerful low end a soprano vs. a tenor would play better off the ensemble IMO - the current combination makes it feel flat and low energy - which her voice is not

Yeah, but the part she's singing (Elphaba) is written for an alto. The whole problem with having a vocalist (well, besides the fact that they have a vocalist at all) is that "For Good" is supposed to be sung as a female duet with intricate harmonies. This arrangement completely loses that.

• Like 4

After watching Blue Devils and Santa Clara last night, plus Bluecoats before, I'd say Carolina Crown REALLY has their work cut out to make it into the Top 3. The excessive use of vocal is my biggest gripe, but overall, Crown has a coordination problem with their parts. The presentation is too "disjointed" for me to embrace. Talented, of course, and this is the message they want to project. Unfortunately, at this early point of the season, I don't believe they'll get this all "fleshed out" in time to finish with standing on the podium in Indy. Similar to the dilemma that confronted Cadets last year.

3 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

After watching Blue Devils and Santa Clara last night, plus Bluecoats before, I'd say Carolina Crown REALLY has their work cut out to make it into the Top 3. The excessive use of vocal is my biggest gripe, but overall, Crown has a coordination problem with their parts. The presentation is too "disjointed" for me to embrace. Talented, of course, and this is the message they want to project. Unfortunately, at this early point of the season, I don't believe they'll get this all "fleshed out" in time to finish with standing on the podium in Indy. Similar to the dilemma that confronted Cadets last year.

Please tell me you didn't just compare Crown 2017 to Cadets 2016...:spitting: