Carolina Crown 2017

I have to say.....I'm really impressed with what the new guard staff has been able to do with the Crown Guard - they are right back in the thick of things and scoring really well!  Also really happy for the guard kids that decided to stay with the Crown program this year !

Mike

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Guardguy89 said:

I have to say.....I'm really impressed with what the new guard staff has been able to do with the Crown Guard - they are right back in the thick of things and scoring really well!  Also really happy for the guard kids that decided to stay with the Crown program this year !

Mike

That's a testament to the overall stewardship off this drum corps.  They're got some pretty darn good folks on this team.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Have heard there is going to be more lathering and some music tweaks this week, but nothing new in the works. My guess is they are really digging in with cleaning, and anything additional will be added the week of San Antonio - though in my conversations with a few people, it didn't sound like there were any big changes coming. Could be wrong though.

I think cleaning is a big part of their success. Some of their ideas will sparkle a little more with cleaning. Some of the perceived flaws that us normal fans see, like the transition to the Broadway tune and the music after that) is not always a matter of re-write it.  I often think that is a big mistake, and there are many drum corps that do this. Some ideas have to be squeaky clean before they hit you.  I like that Crown has invested in getting clean while doing some minor refining. Admittedly I am still not sold on the end of the show and I do believe a small change is needed there. They are good at changing closers, so I have no doubt they will find what works.  

• Like 3

Now THIS is how you blend voices with a hornline!

(Edit: They play with the Liberty Voices for the first 2 minutes and again starting at 8:45)

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Man, sometimes I wish he would do some co captioning with a certain corps out west....

I love the sound of Crown's hornline, no corps sounds like them. However, I don't think that sound style would mesh well with the corps you're referring to 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I love the sound of Crown's hornline, no corps sounds like them. However, I don't think that sound style would mesh well with the corps you're referring to 

Probably not.  But still though....