Carolina Crown 2017

1 minute ago, JoshClements403 said:

Judges disagree

Perhaps.   I make no judgment about the judges.   No matter how you slice it, Crown will be maxing this show out by the time all is said and done this season.  That said, you wonder what else they could have done with this show.  In some ways, if the back 1/2 would be as solid as the first half,  Crown would be the odds on favorite.   Not sure we can make that case at the moment.  Though, I'm pulling for Crown - very much so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drumcorpsfever said:

That said, you wonder what else they could have done with this show. 

There are 3 more weeks

• Like 2

We will all see by TN/Atl/Nightbeat show hopefully, with the few days off before hand what they will have in store! 

5 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Hit 90 in music analysis content and 89 in brass content. ####.

They hit 89 in Both GE, VP and VA as well and 88 in Per.

Edited by Flguardman

I'm not going to attack or single anyone out for stating their opinion but the show is what it is at this point. If you're expecting major additions to, or subtractions from to the show this late in the season, you're going to be disappointed. In a perfect world, I'm sure the designers would have loved for this show to be loved by everyone but unfortunately that's not always realistic. As long as the kids finish the season strong, I'm happy. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Imagine this but with a trumpet/mellophone soloist for the melody in the ballad. Do you think the show would work better? Worse?

If your personal tastes are against the usage of vocals, then yeah probably. My belief is they went with a vacalist in the ballad because they wanted the lyrics to be heard. This topic came up in 2013 as well. FWIW, I don't think a trumpet/mellophone solo would work at all in the closer just like I don't think it would have worked in 2013. But that's just my opinion.