Carolina Crown 2017

Crowns schedule today has Block #1 & Block #2 posted.  I wonder what that means?  Maybe/Hopefully, Crown will through in a couple of changes tonight and improve their GE and Visual scores.

Best of luck tonight, as I hope they blow us away and close the gap!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Quick question idk has been asked/told:

What happened to the breaking/Broken riffles in the show?

They were there the other night. Didn't notice tonight. 

35 minutes ago, Colorguard coach said:

So does anyone know what's up with the football helmet tarp on the field. Has me very lost

Theory is that it will replace the Colts helmet at Lucas Oil. Or that helmet will be covered and the crown helmet will end up somewhere else on the field. 

2 hours ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

They were there the other night. Didn't notice tonight. 

I bet it's all in the plan.   IT I S or I T  I S not.  They could change the look on any given night.   That would be pretty cool.   Plus, it's band on a football field.   I've seen the helmet in one show, not the other, and back again tonight.   Intriguing!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

First off, congrats to the MM for a great show tonight.  The highest honor goes to the percussion line as they killed it.  Visual also was amazing as our drill is the best we have had on the field since 2012.  

With that said, I think we would be in 1st or #### close to it if it was not for the color guard.  I'm a huge Crown fan, but real talk; it's time to have an intervention with the guard caption head as I'm embarrassed.  In order to win, you cannot have more than one weak link, and our guard will be in 10th place if this continues. I know the marching members work very hard and to see these guard butt woopings daily is hard to watch and not fair to the rest of the corps.  I have to go have a drink just to sleep tonight after the guard recap.:sneaky:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

First off, congrats to the MM for a great show tonight.  The highest honor goes to the percussion line as they killed it.  Visual also was amazing as our drill is the best we have had on the field since 2012.  

With that said, I think we would be in 1st or #### close to it if it was not for the color guard.  I'm a huge Crown fan, but real talk; it's time to have an intervention with the guard caption head as I'm embarrassed.  In order to win, you cannot have more than one weak link, and our guard will be in 10th place if this continues. I know the marching members work very hard and to see these guard butt woopings daily is hard to watch and not fair to the rest of the corps.  I have to go have a drink just to sleep tonight after the guard recap.:sneaky:

The whole guard recap was everywhere. placement isn't the issue if you look at it 5-8th were only .4 of a separation which came down to sub caption scoring. 

Another thing is visually the guard is getting lost within the corps and not highlighted to the best that they could be. Most of the guards above are and are highlighted well. I do wish they would add a little more color. 

• Like 1