Carolina Crown 2017

17 hours ago, B-Flat said:

I am really hoping Crown's closed door changes are mind blowing and or will have a similar impact as in 2015 at the Atlanta regional show.

Perhaps its been mentioned already... but when are these CC changes to be impolemented ? What show ? Tonite ? or later this weekend, perhaps ?

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Perhaps its been mentioned already... but when are these CC changes to be impolemented ? What show ? Tonite ? or later this weekend, perhaps ?

They don't perform tonight... I would imagine tomorrow night in Nashville they will as a good test run before Atlanta. 

4 minutes ago, Highwaydude said:

They don't perform tonight... I would imagine tomorrow night in Nashville they will as a good test run before Atlanta. 

Oh, thats right too. Maybe Nashville seems to be the guess here... ok. I'm looking forward to see what it is, and if it improves their show/ scores.

Just now, BRASSO said:

Oh, thats right too. Maybe Nashville seems to be the guess here... ok. I'm looking forward to see what it is, and if it improves their show/ scores.

and someone better periscope tomorrow night to show us =)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UKSuperman said:

Silly or not, your *****ing won't change a thing so why continue after 3 pages of saying the same thing? 

I, for one, am glad they decided to do a closed rehearsal again. The secrecy makes it that much more rewarding for the corps, as well as the fans when they debute the new additions and new ending. 

Raise the bar, Crown! Keep doing you!

For the second time, this is a discussion thread. I'm not breaking any rules by stating my opinion. If you don't agree with what I have to say, fine, that's your right.  But I'm not going to be "silenced" because you or anyone else who isn't a mod doesn't agree with what I post. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CubFan said:

From what I am told, all changes will be in tomorrow!

Thanks for that update.

46 minutes ago, crownisking said:

For the second time, this is a discussion thread. I'm not breaking any rules by stating my opinion. If you don't agree with what I have to say, fine, that's your right.  But I'm not going to be "silenced" because you or anyone else who isn't a mod doesn't agree with what I post. 

Hihi1dD.gif

• Like 1

21 hours ago, B-Flat said:

I am really hoping Crown's closed door changes are mind blowing and or will have a similar impact as in 2015 at the Atlanta regional show.

Assuming the changes made are incredible, IMHO Crown could mostly likely win gold by winning first place in VA, VP, Brass, MA and with 2 of 4 GE captions, with CG no lower than 5th and percussion no lower than 4th.  To pull this many caption wins off would be quite a lift based on where the corps is currently scoring, not to mention how well the other top 3 are performing.  Could this happen?  I hope so, but realistically it might not.  

Regardless of the outcome, I hope the changes made are effective enough for a medal.

I agree wholeheartedly with you.   Also, don't underestimate the heart of that guard or percussion.   Guard, I'm sure, is fully aware of the big shoes they have to fill.   I'm sure they're busting their tails as much as anyone to prove they're a worthy Crown edition.  As for the percussion, they should be in the thick of things at the top of the percussion scores.  We all can see that and the judges will as well.  Just keep plugging away.

But, you're right.  Win the captions you've mentioned, and stay within reasonable striking distance of the others, and it can be done.   I suppose you could make a similar argument for SCV and BD too.  But, if Crown were to pull this off, it would be one of the more remarkable stories in the history of DCI.    While we're at it, there's a corps in Canton, Ohio that could "sneak" up on us as well.

As for Atlanta in 2015, I was there.  Probably THE 2nd most excited I've ever been about a show's outcome (Bloo TILT 2014 finals night still is my favorite).   Crown unveils that ending in '15 in ATL and the crowd went nutso.  Then, realizing Crown won the show when BD is announced in 2nd place - WOW!!!  It was only the first time since in about forever that BD hadn't won Atlanta.  So, all that said, can it happen again?   Fingers crossed.  Wouldn't that be exciting!!!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, crownisking said:

I still think it's a silly practice for Crown since the whole secrecy thing never works for them anyway. Someone with inside knowledge is always going to let details slip either here or somewhere else. I guess I'll leave it alone though since some of you are clearly so sensitive about it.

I respect the opinion but I question why it's such a big deal? Is not knowing what they are going to be doing really affecting anyone anyways? Everyone will know the changes once they do their next show anyways so what's a couple days wait?

Speaking on past experiences, knowing what's coming isn't the same as actually seeing it. Yeah I knew about the ending to the 2015 show, or at least the plan for it, a week or two before it was taught and debuted. But knowing what they were planning on doing didn't matter other than laughing at what people were saying on here about what was coming or hopefully coming.

• Like 1