Carolina Crown 2017

5 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

Jeez Crownbrass at least give the other lines a chance :4_joy: @#$% I think we might see perfect brass score #2 and with that improved percussion? Everyone else can kiss music goodbye 

And if they don't win Brass and Music, Crown fans will remember this post.  :-)

• Like 1

Loved the brass line. Loved the first half of the show.

Didn't care for the second have of the show. Didn't relate to or care for the theme.

I generally don't like singing in drum corps and Crown had too much of it. Didn't understand a single word she sang after the ballad.

Edited by shawn craig
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, shawn craig said:

Loved the brass line. Loved the first half of the show.

Didn't care for the second have of the show. Didn't relate to or care for the theme.

I generally don't like singing in drum corps and Crown had too much of it. Didn't understand a single word she sang after the ballad.

I disagree, I saw them Thursday night in Chester and Saturday night in Allentown and the second half of the show seemed pretty dam good to me ,especially in Allentown. Crown was on fire in Allentown, probably their best performance all year, IMO. If they perform that well in Indy, they could make things very interesting. Also, the top 4 is just great this year, maybe the best top 4 ever, IMO but I'll let you DCP'ers argue that. Looking forward to Indy, it's going to be fun. 

• Like 2

Just now, ndrudy2013 said:

I disagree, I saw them Thursday night in Chester and Saturday night in Allentown and the second half of the show seemed pretty dam good to me ,especially in Allentown. Crown was on fire in Allentown, probably their best performance all year, IMO. If they perform that well in Indy, they could make things very interesting. Also, the top 4 is just great this year, maybe the best top 4 ever, IMO but I'll let you DCP'ers argue that. Looking forward to Indy, it's going to be fun. 

The performance level is great and I understand their placement. I don't get anything from the show theme; personal preference.

• Like 2

"If they perform that well in Indy, they could make things very interesting." - ndrudy2013

With Crown's guard having an off year based upon their history and a flawed show concept which adversely goes against their GE score, it is very unlikely that Crown will upset this year. 

• Like 1

Baring an incredible run by the Bluecoats I think its safe to say Crown is locked into 3rd. Of course anything can happen, but the show is not a championship caliber show. That said, with a new visual design team the corps has made great strides. If they can build on the success of the percussion section, shore up the design, and recruit more talent on the color guard side of things, next season should be a very good year for Crown. 

I wouldn't make any changes to the staff, just work a bit to adjust the focus of the show design and get back to the formula that has made them successful these past 10 years. 

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, Just Here said:

"If they perform that well in Indy, they could make things very interesting." - ndrudy2013

With Crown's guard having an off year based upon their history and a flawed show concept which adversely goes against their GE score, it is very unlikely that Crown will upset this year. 

Crown's guard scores would need to jump a point in order for them to compete for a championship - its not going to happen. This week should be all about medaling. 3rd place is a great accomplishment for this group, nothing to hang your head about.

Just now, Newseditor44 said:

Crown's guard scores would need to jump a point in order for them to compete for a championship - its not going to happen. This week should be all about medaling. 3rd place is a great accomplishment for this group, nothing to hang your head about.

For me personally, I don't hang my head about placement, but designing and coming up with show concept that aren't the best. I wish concept developers and designers would take hold of the axiom, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality more often.

Just now, Just Here said:

For me personally, I don't hang my head about placement, but designing and coming up with show concept that aren't the best. I wish concept developers and designers would take hold of the axiom, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality more often.

Easier said than done. In this idiom, sometimes what looks good in theory doesn't always work on the field as well as you would like it too. Add to that a new design team that has never worked together before, and it takes time to get things to gel. However, they've taken great steps this season and didn't give up the fight. As the activity changes (and its changing faster than we ever expected) they knew they had to take a swing at getting in front of it this season. This design team is too talented not to find success, it will happen. 

4 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I didn't say anything about they were going to win a championship and I'm fine with a 3rd place finish. I'm really getting tired of all the negative comments about Crown's show