Carolina Crown 2017

10 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I disagree, I saw them Thursday night in Chester and Saturday night in Allentown and the second half of the show seemed pretty dam good to me ,especially in Allentown. Crown was on fire in Allentown, probably their best performance all year, IMO. If they perform that well in Indy, they could make things very interesting. Also, the top 4 is just great this year, maybe the best top 4 ever, IMO but I'll let you DCP'ers argue that. Looking forward to Indy, it's going to be fun. 

What is there to disagree about? He said he doesn't care for the 2nd half of the show lol. 

"I don't like eating vegetables"

"I disagree"

• Like 6

I'm so proud of Crown's MM tonight, as the closed the gap with SCV.  If they can add some more visual content, give us the ending of the year, and clean like a mofo over the next three days, then they just might have a chance at gold.  I hope these next three days are spent the best as humanly possible.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

I'm so proud of Crown's MM tonight, as the closed the gap with SCV.  If they can add some more visual content, give us the ending of the year, and clean like a mofo over the next three days, then they just might have a chance at gold.  I hope these next three days are spent the best as humanly possible.

They had a very strong run tonight. Just what you want to do before getting on the bus to Indy!

• Like 5

Just saw Crown in Massillon.  Their brass is so good that you barely notice the vocalist.  Super clean jaw dropping performance.  They got great reception from the crowd tonight too.  I kept saying to my husband "OMG they are so good."

Noticed a few uncharacteristic errors with SCV tonight though too.

I mentioned this in the Massillon thread, but this show has really grown on me. Early in the season I liked the first half of the show. Now I am enjoying the whole production. Great job Crown! 

• Like 3

There are a couple things I'm going to remember about this season for Crown. First off, that percussion section. Just a great season guys! But the other thing will be the sheer amount of layering they have done with this show from the first show in Indy all the way into Finals. I can't remember a show that has had this many small changes and additions each and every night it seems. Every single time I see a performance video, I catch something new going on and that's not because I just missed it the first time, it's because it was just added in. It's crazy going back and watching that first show and seeing the "bare bones" version of what this show started out as compared to what is on the field right now. I know they aren't done yet (know that for a fact actually) so kudos to everyone, from the staff to the performers and down to the volunteers for a great season no matter the final result come Saturday!

• Like 5