Carolina Crown 2017

Just watched a great video with the design team that has made me rethink everything I thought I knew about this show. There is no design flaw, it is doing exactly what they want it to. Brilliant. Can't wait to see what changes the corps has in store for Thursday, Friday and Saturday! 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Just watched a great video with the design team that has made me rethink everything I thought I knew about this show. There is no design flaw, it is doing exactly what they want it to. Brilliant. Can't wait to see what changes the corps has in store for Thursday, Friday and Saturday! 

Marching Roundtable?

• Like 2

This video is amazing at explaining the very difficult show concept design Crown is performing this year.  In my opinion, only the Blue Devils could have attempted something so intellectually difficult.  For all the criticism Crown has received over the season, the designers really put a masterpiece on the field, that few would even attempt given the level of difficulty and complexity.  Hats off to the design team and the marching members on the execution.

I hope the changes they are dropping in this week earns them a silver or gold medal, as I have such an appreciation for this show after watching this video.

Keep pounding Crown!:thumbs-up:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

30 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

This video is amazing at explaining the very difficult show concept design Crown is performing this year.  In my opinion, only the Blue Devils could have attempted something so intellectually difficult.  For all the criticism Crown has received over the season, the designers really put a masterpiece on the field, that few would even attempt given the level of difficulty and complexity.  Hats off to the design team and the marching members on the execution.

I hope the changes they are dropping in this week earns them a silver or gold medal, as I have such an appreciation for this show after watching this video.

Keep pounding Crown!:thumbs-up:

snoozefest.png

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

One way or another there will be two camps on this show after Saturday... maybe "IT IS" exactly what the designers want...but I for one could go for a little more "traditional" Crown thematically.  

Edited by Wog
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Wog said:

On way or another there will be two camps on this show after Saturday... maybe "IT IS" exactly what the designers want...but I for one could go for a little more "traditional" Crown thematically.  

Because we know that IT IS all about the designers. I find it ironic that a show about deconstruction needs to be explained considering some would suggest that if one explains deconstruction then it becomes conventional which then defeats the purpose of it being deconstructive. Let me just say that any show which features a piece that sounds like "Mary had a Little Lamb" is unlikely to find a place in my music library.

Edited by Just Here

7 hours ago, B-Flat said:

This video is amazing at explaining the very difficult show concept design Crown is performing this year.  In my opinion, only the Blue Devils could have attempted something so intellectually difficult.   

Wouldn't it be nice if we could see what the designers are trying to show without these type of video's?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, wigwam said:

If you need to watch a video to understand it, it's not a good design. 

Then almost every drum corps has terrible design!  There is a reason that DCI has Michael Boo doing a live blog from regionals!  One of those reasons is to help explain some of these shows!  I've been a marching member, a fan, and ultimately a parent in this activity.  Every year it gets harder and harder to understand the concepts that these corps are putting on the field and it takes many viewings and listenings to even come close to understanding what the designers were thinking.  At this stage of drum corps, I wish more corps put these videos out before the season starts so the fans can TRY to appreciate and understand what is going on out there!

• Like 2