Carolina Crown 2017

Have an awesome run tonight from Section 137!!!

• Like 3

Fly High tonight Crown, us Alumni are extremely proud of you guys! Thanks for a different and wonderful season!! Leave it all on the field

• Like 3

To be honest, before the season started, I thought Crown would slip to 5th or 6th as a result of losing their program coordinator and visual designers, and I thought my prediction would be confirmed upon seeing the show early on in the season. But you guys never gave up, and pushed your way to another medal, your 5th in 6 years, and yet another Ott! So congratulations for proving me wrong and continuing to be as competitive as you had been. Keep your head up, 2018 starts now!

• Like 6

The corps most predicted to fall out of the medals. I don't think so! Congrats on the much deserved Bronze and 6th (seriously?) Ott in less than a decade. It is... over for It is.

Ok, I'll say it.

I know nothing about electronics, but if wireless mic technology is that bad, why would the staff take such a risk and bet the house on it.  It's mind boggling, 2 nights in a row?  Actually maybe 3 as there might of been some issues during prelims.   

Anyway, congrats to all the members who performed magnificently.  Loved the way you continued on in the face of adversity.  Reminded me of last year when SCV keyboard player froze up, but the corps didn't miss a beat.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wigwam said:

Ok, I'll say it.

I know nothing about electronics, but if wireless mic technology is that bad, why would the staff take such a risk and bet the house on it.  It's mind boggling, 2 nights in a row?  Actually maybe 3 as there might of been some issues during prelims.   

I've wondered this myself. It seems to me like it would just be added stress to go out there, especially on finals night, and hope and pray that the mic doesn't mess up. I wouldn't be shocked at all though if Crown didn't have a mic'd soloist next year to avoid this happening again.

I didn't see their finals run, but it sounds like the members didn't let this affect their performance that much, if at all (I'm sure it had to get in their heads though), so I'm glad they were able to keep putting on what sounds like an amazing performance!

They had a super run Prelims. Couldn't have been better. I didn't watch semis. Finals, I was on the 50 yardline, midway up, and they were great except for the mic problems. It's so unfortunate. Someone should be in big trouble for that problem. Her vocals were cutting out, and "pulsing", the entire show... while the crowd gasped. They (and she) worked so hard and came so far this season to have the smallest prop in the show take them down a notch. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ediker said:

They had a super run Prelims. Couldn't have been better. I didn't watch semis. Finals, I was on the 50 yardline, midway up, and they were great except for the mic problems. It's so unfortunate. Someone should be in big trouble for that problem. Her vocals were cutting out, and "pulsing", the entire show... while the crowd gasped. They (and she) worked so hard and came so far this season to have the smallest prop in the show take them down a notch. 

Interesting that the finals run was actually the 4th run at Lucas Oil Stadium,   Crown was here at the kickoff in June. You would think that, all things considered, they'd have been prepared for this one - my guess is they were. Four cracks at it to make it perfect. That said, I wonder what effect the size of the crowd and their electronic devices may have had on the interference. 

Live and learn. The good thing is the overall scoring and placement impact of this one really didn't hurt the kids. As for the Blu Ray, Tom Moore and his crew will do wonders for the "It Is" blu ray edition.

• Like 3

Ate a helping of crow last night as I, and many others, didn't see this show coming as far as it did pre and early season. Their members really sold a difficult to sell product. While the last few years my Crown homerism has waned, I am interested to see what they come up with next.

2 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Interesting that the finals run was actually the 4th run at Lucas Oil Stadium,   Crown was here at the kickoff in June. You would think that, all things considered, they'd have been prepared for this one - my guess is they were. Four cracks at it to make it perfect. That said, I wonder what effect the size of the crowd and their electronic devices may have had on the interference. 

Live and learn. The good thing is the overall scoring and placement impact of this one really didn't hurt the kids. As for the Blu Ray, Tom Moore and his crew will do wonders for the "It Is" blu ray edition.

I was thinking the same thing.  Perhaps all those people, with their phones on, somehow caused interference.  Remember last year when one of the solo brass players had a wireless mic fail?  Not as catastrophic when it happens to a brass player, but disaster for a vocalist, especially a vocalist that is the very center of the performance.  If the darn things are that finicky, then maybe the technology isn't suitable to large stadiums with thousands of people, all transmitting with their own electronic devices.  

I just can't understand why a fix wasn't put in place after it happened in semi finals. 

• Like 3