Carolina Crown 2017

27 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I must not understand GE.

Anyway if the signal was the problem, would have to run a wire from the sideline to the prop?  Or perhaps a different frequency?

It could well be that other corps were all using the same wireless frequency and line, and therefore there was interference. Cell traffic would not interfere with a wireless mic.

• Like 1

Two percussion judging tapes - one from Griffin and one from Prosperie - can be found on youtube

Congrats to Crown Percussion on a fantastic season!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Two percussion judging tapes - one from Griffin and one from Prosperie - can be found on youtube

I have never loved you more Cappy!

3 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

It could well be that other corps were all using the same wireless frequency and line, and therefore there was interference. Cell traffic would not interfere with a wireless mic.

That's what we were thinking, Mike 

21 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Where? I can't find em.

8 minutes ago, wigwam said:

Can you post a link?  I can't find them.

Search "carolina crown prosperie" and "carolina crown griffin" and you'll find them

• Like 1

"I want to applaud you and compliment you on how mature and how clean that percussion section is. It is the most mature and cleanest Crown percussion section I have ever adjudicated. So thank you." - Prosperie

As if the praise this summer hasn't been enough. That speaks for itself guys! I think I've said it like 10 times this season but I'll say it again, I've never been more proud to be an alumnus of Crown percussion! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

It would be interesting to hear what, if any investigation, turns up on the issue. I'd have to believe that all of these electronic issues will be addressed in order to improve the use of the technology going forward. If you're right about Cell traffic not interfering with a wireless mic, that's interesting. I wonder if it can be ruled out. Consider that on airplanes, travelers are required to turn off mobile devices so as not to disturb the radio frequency. And, is it just a coincidence that the mic issues for Crown got progressively worse the larger the crowd they performed in at Indy? Makes one wonder...