Carolina Crown 2017

1 minute ago, chris7997 said:

I feel like Crown is my adopted corps.  I grew up in the Bay Area and never felt fully connected to either BD or SCV, although I respected them tremendously and still do. I feel like now that I'm living in the DC area (no corps), Crown makes a great adoption corps.  I remember in 2000, when I marched, they were playing the mask of Zorro...I think they were 1/4 the size of what they are today...a bit rough around the edges...but you can still hear the makings of greatness even then. 

I love that 2000 Crown show. We played a watered down version of it my senior year of high school, lots of fun

• Like 2

Via the crownbrass Instagram, they had a corps meeting to discuss the show!! I wonder if they're going to keep it a secret till the family/friends show.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flguardman said:

Via the crownbrass Instagram, they had a corps meeting to discuss the show!! I wonder if they're going to keep it a secret till the family/friends show.

I'm sure it will be wonderful. 

9 minutes ago, Tobias said:

I'm sure it will.

On 5/26/2017 at 0:43 AM, George Dixon said:

I like Crown. I liked Crown a ton last year. I  had picked them to win pre season (until I saw the Coats show) and hoped to see them in second until I saw the new ending

Good shows and corps can have terrible endings. BD running to the front in show after show was a pretty terrible ending more than one season as just one example. Cadets 2013 finished third with a terrible ending and almost finished 3rd (4th finals night) with a terrible ending in 2014

it happens, trust me!

George I don't get your perception of 'terrible'. No, I don't have to trust you because your opinions are skewed based on your history as a corps member or fan...The 2013 ending for The Cadets was not terrible. Holy crap are you kidding? That drill was brilliant and the musical scoring was incredible. You didn't like it but so what. But I guess if you think something you don't like is terrible then so be it. I choose to try not to be a snob about all this and see the good and bad in every show. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tobias said:

This is a strange year for them. They have always announced their show by the latest the beginning of all days. I will be critical of this and say it's silly to wait like this. It does #### fans off . I mean get the word out and let people know. 

1 minute ago, auldschool said:

George I don't get your perception of 'terrible'. No, I don't have to trust you because your opinions are skewed based on your history as a corps member or fan...The 2013 ending for The Cadets was not terrible. Holy crap are you kidding? That drill was brilliant and the musical scoring was incredible. You didn't like it but so what. But I guess if you think something you don't like is terrible then so be it. I choose to try not to be a snob about all this and see the good and bad in every show. 

I see the good and bad in shows also. Crown had a GREAT show last year with a bad ending. Cadets were great in 2013 with a sad ending that fell very flat

The entire visual side of things for Cadets 2013 was off - the "drill" was ok (with very nice portions) but the color scheme was horrific, the outhouses were too big to move cleanly and the guard never got clean. Musically the program was fantastic & I especially enjoyed the percussion throughout as well as the entire ballad. I even loved the guard in the ballad with the bending poles they used to interact/interpret the tension and release in the music. Wow.

Crown last year was extremely impressive in many many ways (by far most ways) - I loved the use of the western visual motif to tell a classic western tale of revenge (up until the second ending), the body movement was the best ever put on the field IMO, the brass was stellar, the guard was stellar. It had issues as well - the "tango" was too long (IMO), and the ballad was too short and didn't get time to have a full payoff, the second ending fell very flat. But the corps overall was incredible. Stunningly so.