Carolina Crown 2017

My concern has never been the brass line, and it is no longer percussion after last year.  Issue for me is design.  They lost that stellar design team from last year, so show cohesiveness could be a real problem.  GE is their make or break.  That being said there is great potential energy here, just need it to become kinetic once the season starts. Which is very likely it will be.

6 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

My concern has never been the brass line, and it is no longer percussion after last year.  Issue for me is design.  They lost that stellar design team from last year, so show cohesiveness could be a real problem.  GE is their make or break.  That being said there is great potential energy here, just need it to become kinetic once the season starts. Which is very likely it will be.

Wait they lost people in their design team? I thought they lost some instructional people 

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Wait they lost people in their design team? I thought they lost some instructional people 

• Michael Townsend: Production & Color Guard Designer (From Crown)
  • Keith Potter: Artistic Director (From Crown)
  • Leon May: Visual Design & Drill Writing (From Crown)

It was pretty much the entire design team, its a shame.

Edited by BoaDci
Im stupid.

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'm ok with it at the beginning but let that brassline shine. 

ok - it will work with some shaping and blending I believe with the ballad climax sans voice to let the brass breath a little then have her reenter I think? So have the voice at the start of ballad and the end of ballad IMO would work very well

overall this is a very talented Crown corps (and teaching staff) so I'd advise everyone not to overreact to a ST video from a low vantage point that is just being learned - rehearsal and I'm sure a lot of additions and tweaks coming...

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Lost program coordinator and guard designer extraordinaire. 

5 minutes ago, BoaDci said:
  • Michael Townsend: Production & Color Guard Designer (From Crown)
  • Keith Potter: Artistic Director (From Crown)
  • Leon May: Visual Design & Drill Writing (From Crown)

It was pretty much the entire design team, its a shame.

The captions that REALLY count now. Jeff is s great replacement for drill but the other two tough to replace.

Edited by Tobias

The second half is different for sure. Wow. For a second there I had to make sure I wasn't watching the Bluecoats.

• Like 5

Crown just recently posted this on Facebook.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 4