Carolina Crown 2017

Don't mean to sound like an a$$, I respect their wishes, won't be sending/asking for  anything in the future, in fact I'll probably refrain from watching anything period just to keep me hyped. But isn't it somewhat unrealistic to ask people to not share stuff? With an ever growing industry like dci with such a long off season where the fans, even sometimes alumni are kept in the dark... what do you expect... I get it, everyone just be patient, there's only a few weeks left. I also get there's copyright issues at play.. but with some of these corps not giving ANY info except a pic every couple days saying "IT IS... DYNAMIC... good luck figuring it out :)"(not just crown btw) that's just not gonna be enough for some people, and obviously they're naturally going to try to seek out info out of curiosity? We live in an immediate media world now.. just kinda seems like these corps are forgetting there's millions of ways nowadays to access info, and you can't really regulate it. Someone will find a way to record even if they banned audiences at rehearsals. Again, I'll keep it classy... but I've always thought that about dci. I can't even go on YouTube and watch a show from 2009 because of major media conflicts... 

Edited by johnpendell

Well that would certainly ruin my yearly early June tradition. If they do indeed make rehearsals closed I hope someone posts it here. I don't have a Facebook account anymore and would be very...unhappy..if I drove 2 hours to GW only to be told I'm not allowed to watch rehearsal.

Edited by Beckham
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, johnpendell said:

Don't mean to sound like an a$$, I respect their wishes, won't be sending/asking for  anything in the future, in fact I'll probably refrain from watching anything period just to keep me hyped. But isn't it somewhat unrealistic to ask people to not share stuff? With an ever growing industry like dci with such a long off season where the fans, even sometimes alumni are kept in the dark... what do you expect... I get it, everyone just be patient, there's only a few weeks left. I also get there's copyright issues at play.. but with some of these corps not giving ANY info except a pic every couple days saying "IT IS... DYNAMIC... good luck figuring it out :)"(not just crown btw) that's just not gonna be enough for some people, and obviously they're naturally going to try to seek out info out of curiosity? We live in an immediate media world now.. just kinda seems like these corps are forgetting there's millions of ways nowadays to access info, and you can't really regulate it. Someone will find a way to record even if they banned audiences at rehearsals. Again, I'll keep it classy... but I've always thought that about dci. I can't even go on YouTube and watch a show from 2009 because of major media conflicts... 

The first show will be over by now two weeks from today.   If I get another video in my messenger or PM here, I'm deleting it unopened. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, johnpendell said:

You do make some really good points here, John.  I have been participating and following this activity for years.  Overall, I must admit this has to be the most tight-lipped season ever going into tour premiere I can remember.  Even before social media and the Internet word seemed to get around somehow.  This is also the most I have ever seen of leaked videos, people messaging leaks, people requesting leaks.  This is no coincidence, these two occurrences go hand-in-hand.  Now...

1. I also don't blame people at all for this behavior and am guilty of wanting to do so myself.  Like I said I've been involved with the activity for years, but just decided this week to actually get a DCP account instead of just reading (yayy stepping up in the world! :thumbup:) and don't ever recall so much passing and sharing of audio/video on all threads.

2.  I'm not just referring to Crown.  From the top all the way down there has been little to no information even from corps that have historically announced as early as October-New Years.  

3.  Coming from someone who arranges battery score, I completely understand and sympathize with each corps concerns for privacy/licensing issues from the original composers.

It really is a double-edged sword in my opinion.  I'm all for building suspense or hype and waiting to release content until it's more polished, as well as not being forced to dump half your budget over a lawsuit.  However, curiosity will take over fans and this stuff will start to happen more and more with the ease of social media.  Side note...I'm surprised nobody's been caught yet flying drones over ST rehearsals to catch video....hmmmm. :whistle:   But on a serious note two weeks will be here before we know it, let's just enjoy the ride!!! :bigsmile:

Edited by Mac13
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Regardless of opinions we're all going to see it soon anyway. Calm down it's just band. Have some cheese with that whine Newseditor44 Drum Corps God; chew slowly and don't choke 

You're my favorite 

5 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Lol idiots? Kinda extreme. Probably should talk to those who are there recording the rehearsals. 

you win

also, i hope crown does close their rehearsals now, just so i can see the reactions on here

comedy gold

• Like 2

Just now, Lance said:

you win

also, i hope crown does close their rehearsals now, just so i can see the reactions on here

comedy gold

The funny part with me is that I couldn't care less if I get those videos.  I'm more than happy to wait until 6/22.  With age comes patience...but it also come with little patience for nonsense. And the filter goes away entirely. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mac13 said:

It really is a double-edged sword in my opinion.  I'm all for building suspense or hype and waiting to release content until it's more polished, as well as not being forced to dump half your budget over a lawsuit.  However, curiosity will take over fans and this stuff will start to happen more and more with the ease of social media.

Call your Congress members and ask them to change the law to loosen licensing restrictions.

• Like 2