Carolina Crown 2017

19 minutes ago, palmettomello said:

The corps' social media admins periscoped a different sectional each week last year in ST, really wishing they were doing that this year. But seeing how tight lipped its been, assuming that's not going to happen. Guessing we won't get a real look from them and a full show title/explanation until their preview show. They turned out a solid crowd last year at Nation Ford HS. Any details about when and where the preview show will be this season?

From Crown's Facebook: 

"Join us as we unveil the 2017 Crown Show at Nation Ford HS on June 18! The gates will open at 6:00 PM with the event starting at 7:00 PM. The encore performance will follow with special guests from Nation Ford High School playing alongside Carolina Crown!

Tickets will be $2 per person, or $5 per family and all proceeds will go to support the Nation Ford High School Band "March to Macys" Fundraiser!"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mac13 said:

From Crown's Facebook: 

"Join us as we unveil the 2017 Crown Show at Nation Ford HS on June 18! The gates will open at 6:00 PM with the event starting at 7:00 PM. The encore performance will follow with special guests from Nation Ford High School playing alongside Carolina Crown!

Tickets will be $2 per person, or $5 per family and all proceeds will go to support the Nation Ford High School Band "March to Macys" Fundraiser!"

How nice!  Helping out their hosts!  :inlove:

• Like 2

I've decided this year to avoid seeing any preview shows from corps attending the premier show. Crown was my favorite last year ( no surprise there lol) but I truly think what blew me away about the bluecoats at the premier show was the fact that I hadn't seen ANYTHING from them. It was a delightful surprise. Now I want that for all the corps at the premier show! My ticket arrived in the mail yesterday front and center on the 50 and the anticipation is killing me!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DasTuba said:

That's something I'm trying to avoid as a parent to a 7 year old and a 1 year old. I'm trying my best to avoid them getting a sense of entitlement. I've noticed that sense of entitlement more and more over the last few years when I get new kids in the military making it extremely difficult to teach and train them in a military setting and it drives me nuts!

I know the feeling. Good thing I'm transferring to a billet where it's relatively top-heavy. 

4 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I know the feeling. Good thing I'm transferring to a billet where it's relatively top-heavy. 

My billet is pretty top heavy as well. I'm not active duty anymore, I was in the Navy for that. Now I'm what's called an ART or air reserve technician with my official job title being aerospace propulsion maintenance craftsman. So basically I work full time for the Air Force as a civilian even though I wear a military uniform everyday, but I'm also in the reserves and a big part of my job is to train reservists how to be mechanics. The majority of us that work there as civilians are E6 and up but we get a lot of young reservists that come to us for training.

Edited by DasTuba

1 minute ago, DasTuba said:

My billet is pretty top heavy as well. I'm not active duty anymore, I was in the Navy for that. Now I'm what's called an ART or air reserve technician with my official job title being aerospace propulsion maintenance craftsman. So basically I work full time for the Air Force as a civilian even though I wear a military uniform everyday, but I'm also in the reserves and a big part of my job is to train reservists how to be mechanics.

Well I'm still in the Navy but I'll be wearing a Suit-and-tie for this job. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

Well I'm still in the Navy but I'll be wearing a Suit-and-tie for this job. 

What's your rate? I was and AD. My dad is retired Navy after 25 years active duty. He retired as a GMCS.

2 minutes ago, DasTuba said:

What's your rate? I was and AD. My dad is retired Navy after 25 years active duty. He retired as a GMCS.

I'm a IT. 

• Like 1