Carolina Crown 2017

1 hour ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

Looks like Vic Firth has uploaded LTM for Carolina Crown!

Snares

Tenors

Basses

Front Ensemble

I prefer the use of the singer here to her use in the ballad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I prefer the use of the singer here to her use in the ballad.

I agree.  I think her voice would be perfect to cover "For Good".  I'm sure we'll see her part in "NO one" change multiple times throughout the season just like previous years Crown has used vocals.  

From a percussionist, I personally love her vocals over top the beginning of the piece up through what I'll call the kick-drum feature (1:30 of the VF snare video).  I think it's really groovy, rhythmic, fresh and adds a unique color to compliment the battery's notes.  After that, it gets a little over-bearing and like others have mentioned I don't like the idea of it covering the brass especially during the climax of the piece. 

Great writing though, this line is off to a great start!  

PS...HOLY meter changes! :worthy:

Edited by Mac13

8 hours ago, Lance said:

no one to know one is such a cool piece

We are using it as a percussion based movement of our fall band show for the HS I work with. I've never seen anyone use it before. Now I sort of feel like we'll be compared to Crown all season. Of course they are doing 3+ minutes and we are doing about 1:40 to fit into our show so ours will be quite a bit different from what I can tell watching their version.

I don't like the kick drums.  I feel like Crown's percussion is always out for some kind of gimmick, as if kick drums are gonna give them a score boost.  Maybe they will grow on me by the end of the season, but I would rather just see the talent of the line itself rather than throwing in some random effect on kick drums.  JMO.

• Like 3