Carolina Crown 2017

I am really hoping Crown's closed door changes are mind blowing and or will have a similar impact as in 2015 at the Atlanta regional show.

Assuming the changes made are incredible, IMHO Crown could mostly likely win gold by winning first place in VA, VP, Brass, MA and with 2 of 4 GE captions, with CG no lower than 5th and percussion no lower than 4th.  To pull this many caption wins off would be quite a lift based on where the corps is currently scoring, not to mention how well the other top 3 are performing.  Could this happen?  I hope so, but realistically it might not.  

Regardless of the outcome, I hope the changes made are effective enough for a medal.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

I am really hoping Crown's closed door changes are mind blowing and or will have a similar impact as in 2015 at the Atlanta regional show.

Assuming the changes made are incredible, IMHO Crown could mostly likely win gold by winning first place in VA, VP, Brass, MA and with 2 of 4 GE captions, with CG no lower than 5th and percussion no lower than 4th.  To pull this many caption wins off would be quite a lift based on where the corps is currently scoring, not to mention how well the other top 3 are performing.  Could this happen?  I hope so, but realistically it might not.  

Regardless of the outcome, I hope the changes made are effective enough for a medal.

If any corps wins 4 sub captions then yes, I think they have a great shot at gold. The rest of the corps would be splitting the difference and 4 subs would probably take it all. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crownisking said:

I'm neither shocked nor surprised. Just disappointed that they're continuing this silliness. It's not just Crown though. Some corps take the secrecy act to the extreme and it's really annoying. I'm looking at you, Bluecoats. Waiting until the day of your first show to announce your show title? Geez, get over yourselves. 

For the love of God, let them be silly. It's not hurting anyone. So what if they want to have a little surprise, good for them. Bah humbug, sheesh. Sometimes I think you guys ##### just to #####!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

For the love of God, let them be silly. It's not hurting anyone. So what if they want to have a little surprise, good for them. Bah humbug, sheesh. Sometimes I think you guys ##### just to #####!

You have your opinion on the matter and I have mine. God forbid I voice a differing opinion....in a discussion forum thread.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, crownisking said:

You have your opinion on the matter and I have mine. God forbid I voice a differing opinion....in a discussion forum thread.

Nope differing opinions aren't allowed by the thread police! 

• Like 1

I still think it's a silly practice for Crown since the whole secrecy thing never works for them anyway. Someone with inside knowledge is always going to let details slip either here or somewhere else. I guess I'll leave it alone though since some of you are clearly so sensitive about it.

Silly or not, your *****ing won't change a thing so why continue after 3 pages of saying the same thing? 

I, for one, am glad they decided to do a closed rehearsal again. The secrecy makes it that much more rewarding for the corps, as well as the fans when they debute the new additions and new ending. 

Raise the bar, Crown! Keep doing you!

• Like 3