Time for top 14 on sat night

No way madison and troopers should be sittin out saturday night this yr.There is plenty of time in schedule saturday to have couple more shows.Thrse corps are way better nowadays than in past. BdB played mon,tues in there show and thurs friday and sat exibition.5 shows. Madison get two.troopers two. Cmon .DCI should 7corps intermission then top 7.Sat nite is the fastest show of 12 corps you ever see. It flies by compared to thurs and friday.Break tradition its time.

12 is just right...just like...

Flowers...Beer and Soft Drinks...Eggs...Doughnuts...Golf Balls...Oysters...Pencils, Pens and Markers...Cookies...Hot Dogs (So why do the buns come in a pack of 8 or 10?? This is truly a separate issue altogether.)...Toilet Paper...Binder Clips

In the 'old days' the 13th place corps did an exhibition on finals night, I personally enjoyed that because for many or the years the battle for that last spot is fierce and the corps just missing out is worth presenting on finals night. Sometimes the performance was quite moving...Crossman 1979 for example. Troopers caught magic in a bottle to get into finals (they were awesome) but Crossman were great that year as well.

We could have both the 13th place corps as well as the Open Class Champion in exhibition...there seems to be plenty of time in the pre-program to fit in another corps.

Also, this had the effect of getting butts in the seats earlier in the show...better for DCI and the corps performing early in the show.

And then in 10 years someone will say the top 16.......and then the top 18.......and then the top 20......

Then it will be like the years when the NHL had 21 teams and let 16 into the playoffs. LOL.

• Like 2

12 is just right...just like...

Flowers...Beer and Soft Drinks...Eggs...Doughnuts...Golf Balls...Oysters...Pencils, Pens and Markers...Cookies...Hot Dogs (So why do the buns come in a pack of 8 or 10?? This is truly a separate issue altogether.)...Toilet Paper...Binder Clips

Well.... living here on my own, I'm a six-egg guy. :tongue:

• Like 1

This is laughable. As it is, more than half of the world class field makes it to finals. Should we just scratch finals altogether and send everyone home with participation ribbons?

Exactly! It is a competition after all. As far as competitive philosophy is concerned, winning is not the point and losing is not such a big deal. What is meaningful is what we learn about ourselves in the process, how we treat each other, and what we learn about our skill level.

• Like 1

Huge Trooper homer here, obviously. (see screen name) I love my corps, and almost always love Madison as well. But I saw them on Friday (via the webcast). Like any other non-finalist, that's where they will end their season when they aren't in the top 12. I think top 12 is good the way it is.

• Like 1

Can barely fit 12 corps and all their staff members on the field now. Where would you put 2 more?, in the tunnel or better yet on the concourse?