Time for top 14 on sat night

This sounds like something that would happen on the Ellen Show..."Only 12? Noooo, everybody wins! We're going with 14! Hurrah! Hurray!"

The Top 12 format is fine as is.

More like Oprah...

You're a finalist!

AND you're a finalist!

EVERYBODY'S A FINALIIIIIIIIIST!

• Like 1

How about we include Brokem Arrow and Tarpon Springs and keep it at 12.

With or without the woodwinds.

With or without the woodwinds.

Doesn't matter. GE wins in DCI these days, and Tarpon and Arrow are always full of GE.

i get sensory overload with 12, personally.

even when i went to finals live, i'd have to rest my eyes and ears every 4-5 shows for awhile. when i'm watching a stream, i'll focus on judges trying to dodge incoming fire or sometimes just focus on one section at a time.

but the quality of shows is so much higher now than it's ever been, i could see adding some corps to finals night.

How about we include Broken Arrow and Tarpon Springs and keep it at 12.

If the meaning of this post is that those high school bands could qualify for DCI Finals (even setting aside penalties for woodwinds), I disagree. Fine ensembles, but the difficulty is way, way below the upper end of DCI. (They could make Semis, maybe, on their very best days.)

If the meaning of this post is that those high school bands could qualify for DCI Finals (even setting aside penalties for woodwinds), I disagree. Fine ensembles, but the difficulty is way, way below the upper end of DCI. (They could make Semis, maybe, on their very best days.)

I don't know. I think Broken Arrow played Shostakovich better than The Cadets last year and Broken Arrows version wasn't as watered down as you would think.

But this is also another can of worms even I don't want to crack open.

Edited by UKSuperman