Shows Corps Should Do

The 7th Annual request for Scarlet Pimpernel. Following the audio tracks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi3ePtpA64c

Follow up: I'm playing these tracks and already 3 & 4 are much different than the original CD I have. Seems like they are additional tracks since Prayer is now 5 instead of 3.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

I know I'm going to get booed for this, but how about 1 show...just one...that brings back the old school musicals...like Phantom of Opera or Fiddler on the Roof. Maybe Les Mis?

I know I'm going to get booed for this, but how about 1 show...just one...that brings back the old school musicals...like Phantom of Opera or Fiddler on the Roof. Maybe Les Mis?

SCV just did Les Mis in 2013.

I'd like to see a show that revolves around sainthood / communication with the divine / meditation.

"The Prayer of St Gregory" is extremely rubato, and I think corps could really pull it off now with the way music design works.

Another perfect piece for this concept:

Another piece that could work with the theme is this Estonian folk tune:

Edited by Lance

Crown or Troopers: A show based Satoshi Yagisawa's "The West Symphony."

Opener:

Production Number:

Ballad & Closer:

Alright, I've got one. I was saving this until I won the lottery and started my own corps, but since Mega Millions and I don't seem to agree on the optimum numbers, I'm sharing with you fine folks and any designers that might be watching. Follow me down the rabbit hole.

• Step 1: It's the 9 minute mark in the show. We're deep in the closer, and it's jamming! Something big, jazzy, loud, lots of notes and a super catchy melody. The crowd is going wild. Babies are being thrown from the stands left and right.
  • Step 2: We're somewhere between 9.5 and 10 minutes into the show. The corps amasses into a tight block on the 50, wailing on a long chord. More babies are thrown.
  • Step 3: The note ends. Horns down. Cue four second pause to let the audience know the show is over.
  • Step 4: Center snare counts off four quarter notes. The corps high marks four counts while turning left.
  • Step 5: The corps marches toward the sideline while the center snare continues to play quarters. The show appears to be over. This continues for 24 counts.
  • Step 6: The corps halts for 2 counts, and then a quick 2 count turn to the audience. Horns go back up.
  • Step 7: Oh $#!+. The show isn't over, and the entire audience was faked out! The corps plays 8 more counts of the same chord as in Step 2. The crowd is bananas. Any babies who were spared in Steps 1 and 2 are instantly thrown.
  • Step 8: The corps marches the final 1 to 1.5 minutes of the show, reprising the main melody of the closer.

Alright designers, do what you will with this brilliant piece of show design.

• Like 2

Alright, I've got one. I was saving this until I won the lottery and started my own corps, but since Mega Millions and I don't seem to agree on the optimum numbers, I'm sharing with you fine folks and any designers that might be watching. Follow me down the rabbit hole.

• Step 1: It's the 9 minute mark in the show. We're deep in the closer, and it's jamming! Something big, jazzy, loud, lots of notes and a super catchy melody. The crowd is going wild. Babies are being thrown from the stands left and right.
  • Step 2: We're somewhere between 9.5 and 10 minutes into the show. The corps amasses into a tight block on the 50, wailing on a long chord. More babies are thrown.
  • Step 3: The note ends. Horns down. Cue four second pause to let the audience know the show is over.
  • Step 4: Center snare counts off four quarter notes. The corps high marks four counts while turning left.
  • Step 5: The corps marches toward the sideline while the center snare continues to play quarters. The show appears to be over. This continues for 24 counts.
  • Step 6: The corps halts for 2 counts, and then a quick 2 count turn to the audience. Horns go back up.
  • Step 7: Oh $#!+. The show isn't over, and the entire audience was faked out! The corps plays 8 more counts of the same chord as in Step 2. The crowd is bananas. Any babies who were spared in Steps 1 and 2 are instantly thrown.
  • Step 8: The corps marches the final 1 to 1.5 minutes of the show, reprising the main melody of the closer.

Alright designers, do what you will with this brilliant piece of show design.

I mean...isn't that kinda what Crown did with the "encore" in 2011?