Shows Corps Should Do

Some of you that have been around for a while may know better than me. I am just getting reaquainted with DCI and loved doing it this summer. I have always thought a Civil War themed show could be very majestic on the field.

Maybe adapt the soundtrack from the movie Gettysburg

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6045C7419CFDDA5A

I could see Crown pulling off something like that.

My high school marching band did a show based on his movie "The Birds" a few years back.

Isn't "The Birds" notable for having NO soundtrack? Curious what music was used.

My seat partner at finals had a great idea for Academy: Sweeney Todd.

OH MY GOSH I THOUGHT THE SAME EXACT THING!!!!!

Isn't "The Birds" notable for having NO soundtrack? Curious what music was used.

Original music by Key Poulan, plus "Arabesque No. 1" by Claude Debussy. The entire show is for sale on Key's website. Edited by Cadevilina Crown

loved academy because they took a bunch of similarly-themed music (corpse bride, jarre's "ghost" soundtrack, etc) to create their own fun narrative. they didn't simply try to re-tell any of the movies from which they used soundtracks, thank goodness.

hoping they continue to be that creative. if they use music from sweeney todd, then great. wonderful music that they could use as part of a great original show concept.

"The Demon Barber of Seville" or something like that, perhaps?

Edited by Lance
  • Like 2

loved academy because they took a bunch of similarly-themed music (corpse bride, jarre's "ghost" soundtrack, etc) to create their own fun narrative. they didn't simply try to re-tell any of the movies from which they used soundtracks, thank goodness.

hoping they continue to be that creative. if they use music from sweeney todd, then great. wonderful music that they could use as part of a great original show concept.

"The Demon Barber of Seville" or something like that, perhaps?

I agree. Doing a pre existing story is usually pretty troublesome, but doing something pretty simple INSPIRED by something can work wonders.

• Like 1

I agree. Doing a pre existing story is usually pretty troublesome, but doing something pretty simple INSPIRED by something can work wonders.

I honestly don't know how these creative people are so ingenious with the different concepts they come up with....a testament to their sheer brilliance IMO

• Like 1