2017 Programs & Playlist:

2 hours ago, 1corpsfan said:

The Cadets to announce their show tomorrow (3/15) at 9pm on Facebook live. Can't wait.

This is not the impression that I got from Hopkins's update. Hopkins said the designers would discuss the show but not divulge everything, including the music as licensing is still pending.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kdaddy said:

This is not the impression that I got from Hopkins's update. Hopkins said the designers would discuss the show but not divulge everything, including the music as licensing is still pending.

Guess I misunderstood. Thanks for clarifying.

The Mandarins will be announcing their 2017 show on March 23 at 7pm local time (10pm ET).

https://www.facebook.com/events/106065883265548/?ti=icl

Yay. The last two years have been really enjoyable shows from them. 

On 8/16/2016 at 4:29 AM, Liahona said:

2017 Programs & Playlist:

This master(first) post will only be updated based on OFFICIAL organizational announcements WITH confirmation. An announcement on the corps official website or official social media site will be considered written authorization to post their musical selections here under this master post. Any other comments will be considered unofficial until verified by at least one or more of the aforementioned methods of disclosure above.

Links to spotify will be available once any corps announces any musical selections and confirmation is secured.

*** Full credit needs to go to frontensemble.com for the Corps logos used below.***

***mingusmonk I thought I'd give you a break this coming season from this inherently laborious task you have so masterfully created and updated these last few seasons. You've done a wonderful job. Thank you very much!***

***Any new corps not included currently in this list will be added if found on the official DCI schedule when it becomes available***

UPDATE: I will wait til final determination in February 2017 before adding "Genesis" if their application is approved. In the meantime, a cool icon made for them would be neat. :smile:

***Mods can you please pin this thread to the top when you feel that is appropriate. Thank you. ***

spotify.png The Spotify playlist will be updated as the main post is updated. Link to Spotify playlist ---->> DCI Source Music '17
What is Spotify? A free music streaming software (there is a no-advertisement pay version as well). >Read more detail here.< :: >Download Here<

=========================================================
WHO WILL BE THE FIRST CORPS TO ANNOUNCE?????? Pioneer FTW! :)

Please comment or message me with any official program announcements.

=========================================================

ajZbbKt.pngBluecoats

NwG0qtV.png Blue Devils

8M4tcGI.png Blue Knights

SDM2ICR.png Blue Stars - Star Crossed

Official announcement: https://www.facebook.com/bluestars/photos/a.10150580210551923.378379.31457951922/10154075780031923/?type=1&theater

S7QyR0u.pngBoston Crusaders

OEKwL2s.pngCarolina Crown

9YHq27g.png Colts

QhgGqOZ.png Crossmen

Genesis.png Genesis - The Other Side of Now

Music Selections:

Hide and Seek - Imogen Heap
Master of Puppets - Metallica 
Rhapsody in Blue - George Gershwin
Land of Confusion - Genesis
Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell
Pure Imagination - Leslie Bricusse/Anthony Newley

Official announcement: https://www.instagram.com/p/BP_hYgSDqhe/

kOfhJ7I.png Jersey Surf

OuuMrrC.png Madison Scouts

3Uo9Ja1.png Mandarins

pa6wtJv.pngOregon Crusaders - Encompass

Music selections:

Variations on an Original Theme, Op. 36  - a.k.a. "Enigma Variations" - Edward Elgar

Where the Streets Have No Name - U2

Only Time - Enya

Official announcement: www.oregoncrusaders.org/encompass

DBH45ji.pngPacific Crest

MnSpD3w.pngPhantom Regiment

epGiQVV.pngPioneer - Irish on Broadway: The Music of Les Miserables

Music Selections:

Les Misérables - Claude-Michel Schönberg

Official Announcement: http://www.pioneer-corps.org/news/739-news-from-the-top-october,-2017.html

gDwowo1.pngSanta Clara Vanguard

UFRHcvJ.pngSeattle Cascades

cvwotD4.pngSpirit of Atlanta

jySPeNa.png The Academy

7nXngqV.png The Cadets

kudLKS0.pngThe Cavaliers

kNztDo2.pngTroopers

hmmm.

2 hours ago, thirdcoast said:

hmmm.

Exactly!!!   ....OPEN Class corps don't seen to have a problem...the World Class corps seriously need to get over themselves and their anouncements IMO...LOL

7th Regiment - Title
Arsenal - Rep 
The Battalion - Title
Guardians - Title/Rep
Heat Wave - Title/Rep
Incognito - Title/Rep
Music City - Title/Rep
River City Rhythm - Title/Rep
Southwind - Title/Rep
Spartans - Title
Watchmen - Title

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Liahona said:

Exactly!!!   ....OPEN Class corps don't seen to have a problem...the World Class corps seriously need to get over themselves and their anouncements IMO...LOL

7th Regiment - Title
Arsenal - Rep 
The Battalion - Title
Guardians - Title/Rep
Heat Wave - Title/Rep
Incognito - Title/Rep
Music City - Title/Rep
River City Rhythm - Title/Rep
Southwind - Title/Rep
Spartans - Title
Watchmen - Title

Wow-hadn't looked at that class in a while, now it's getting absurd in World Class. At one point I was trying to be understanding, but after your post, it's hard to support the reasoning.

• Like 2

Nobody needs to get over themselves.... all these corps have the rights to arrange at this point, they are probably still working on sync and performance rights. It's a really complicated situation and as more companies that deal with rights and licensing issues become aware of the the marching arts they have to legally define and redefine stuff that didn't need to be addressed before. There was a time where everyone thought the rights to arrange were also the same as the rights to perform and it's just getting more difficult to get it done. Cadets are an example of that, George has said multiple times that he wants to get the show out there but he just can't do it yet. We're such an integrated world now so you can't fly under the radar, every little thing needs to be approved and now with DCI broadcasts, Clash of the Corps, Fan Network, etc, all that needs to be cleared. Numbers of viewers, potential size of audience, viral reach, it all matters now.

Secondly, of those Open Class corps some of them are just titles, which doesn't really mean anything. Of the corps that released repertoire some of them are just doing original music. No hurdles to clear there. I would say a few of those corps probably prematurely announced their selections without all the clearances probably as a way to help gain membership. I'm sure without a doubt that most of these corps have their press release or video ready to go and are just waiting until they can release it. Drum corps now-a-days are companies, they have a plan, a schedule and timelines. Crossmen are already learning drill they still haven't told their members what the show is. The members have a clue but they're not telling them until they can. Last year, I believe it was the Bluecoats who didn't put any titles on top of their music, full show in hand, not a single idea what the music really was. It's just what it is now.

Remember when we had to read Drum Corps World to find out what the shows were. Patience. lol.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Big Adam said:

Nobody needs to get over themselves.... all these corps have the rights to arrange at this point, they are probably still working on sync and performance rights. It's a really complicated situation and as more companies that deal with rights and licensing issues become aware of the the marching arts they have to legally define and redefine stuff that didn't need to be addressed before. There was a time where everyone thought the rights to arrange were also the same as the rights to perform and it's just getting more difficult to get it done. Cadets are an example of that, George has said multiple times that he wants to get the show out there but he just can't do it yet. We're such an integrated world now so you can't fly under the radar, every little thing needs to be approved and now with DCI broadcasts, Clash of the Corps, Fan Network, etc, all that needs to be cleared. Numbers of viewers, potential size of audience, viral reach, it all matters now.

Secondly, of those Open Class corps some of them are just titles, which doesn't really mean anything. Of the corps that released repertoire some of them are just doing original music. No hurdles to clear there. I would say a few of those corps probably prematurely announced their selections without all the clearances probably as a way to help gain membership. I'm sure without a doubt that most of these corps have their press release or video ready to go and are just waiting until they can release it. Drum corps now-a-days are companies, they have a plan, a schedule and timelines. Crossmen are already learning drill they still haven't told their members what the show is. The members have a clue but they're not telling them until they can. Last year, I believe it was the Bluecoats who didn't put any titles on top of their music, full show in hand, not a single idea what the music really was. It's just what it is now.

Remember when we had to read Drum Corps World to find out what the shows were. Patience. lol.

Great post, but I am just a little annoyed they cant even give a TITLE.  I wish most corps would just do what Blue Stars did.  The title gives us a hint about the show, and in MOST cases doesnt relate to repatoire and getting rights.