2017 Programs & Playlist:

I feel like I'm watching the grass grow.  What is the delay on these announcements?!   :) 

Please, drum corps...give us something...just a song title, one composer, a series of notes...anything! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chris7997 said:

I feel like I'm watching the grass grow.  What is the delay on these announcements?!   :) 

Please, drum corps...give us something...just a song title, one composer, a series of notes...anything! 

Man, I feel your frustration, and share it. It never used to be like this. DCP had lots of current things to discuss on the music, show themes.. especially by now ( mid April ), but its like a ghost town here on DCP these days now.

Maybe once WGI season ends then the announcements will pick up

The "Site that shall not be named" now has a Drum Corps 2017 playlist that includes the source music for both DCI and DCA as it stands this morning. I make no claims to being exactly correct on the "source" or that this is the best performance of each piece.  Just another way to wet our appetites as we get closer to summer. 

This is a public list and available for your listening pleasure. 

I have been told by more than one high up DCI program coordinator that there is no conspiracy. Nobody is intentionally keeping the masses in suspense.. No, the reason we haven't heard announcements yet is really rather more mundane. . .

It's all down to licensing and copyright concerns. I know of at least one corps who has had to go back to the drawing board due to just this reason. 

The announcements will come in due course.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cainan said:

I have been told by more than one high up DCI program coordinator that there is no conspiracy. Nobody is intentionally keeping the masses in suspense.. No, the reason we haven't heard announcements yet is really rather more mundane. . .

It's all down to licensing and copyright concerns. I know of at least one corps who has had to go back to the drawing board due to just this reason. 

It's almost May. Season starts in 8 weeks. So I'd hope so. 

1 hour ago, Cainan said:

Can't they at least announce the show title? How hard is it to at least do that?

5 hours ago, Cainan said:

I know of at least one corps who has had to go back to the drawing board due to just this reason.

(Assuming we find out which corps this is)

It will be interesting to see if at the end of the season the "new" show this corps does, ends up being better than what they had originally planned. 

Cadets donors will find out this Sunday what their program is.  Then everyone else 1/2 second later!

• Like 2

I go away from DCP for weeks if not months at a time.  When I come back I always check this thread with anticipation.  Nothing has changed.  What the heck?  The grass in my front yard grows faster.

Edited by luv4corps