2017 Programs & Playlist:

Interesting, very interesting.

While DCI notes the omissions to be announced later of Regiment and Bloo, there is absolutely no mention of Carolina. Is DCI boycotting too? Has Crown withdrawn from the piece agreement as well?

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211613135&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email

10 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Interesting, very interesting.

While DCI notes the omissions to be announced later of Regiment and Bloo, there is absolutely no mention of Carolina. Is DCI boycotting too? Has Crown withdrawn from the piece agreement as well?

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211613135&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email

I know you're just being facetious, but seriously, calm the **** down. Lol!  The reason that Bluecoats was in the main part of the article is because they had at least announced their musical selections, and Phantom was included because their show announcement is going to be today.  If you look at the very bottom of that article, it says:

Other corps yet to reveal their 2017 programs online:

Carolina Crown
Gold
Golden Empire
Impulse
Les Stentors
Louisiana Stars
Raiders
Spartans

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PRphan72 said:

I know you're just being facetious, but seriously, calm the **** down. Lol!  The reason that Bluecoats was in the main part of the article is because they had at least announced their musical selections, and Phantom was included because their show announcement is going to be today.  If you look at the very bottom of that article, it says:

Other corps yet to reveal their 2017 programs online:

Carolina Crown
Gold
Golden Empire
Impulse
Les Stentors
Louisiana Stars
Raiders
Spartans

yes, that was a nice add-on from the original I received. What's with the cursing?

The Spotify playlist is updated as of June 1st, 2017. Link to Spotify "playlist" ---->> DCI Source Music '17

Sound Cloud is updated as of June 1st, 2017.  Please see first post of this thread for the "external" links. 

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/165037-2017-programs-playlist/

YouTube is updated as of June 1st, 2017. Please see first post of this thread for the "embedded" links.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/165037-2017-programs-playlist/

4 hours ago, Liahona said:

My YouTube and Rhapsody/Napster playlists have been updated as well.

Now Phantom.  Here we go again.  Like I said, drum corps cliched themes have got to be dark, eastern...and now "seductive!" All for what? To be "cool"?  "Blurring the lines" according to their show description...of course!  Gag.  What is this Fifty Shades of Grey?!  We cannot make any sort of value judgement or have any redeeming qualities to our shows...dark "madness and desire" have to be the order of the day.  What kind of culture is this promoting in drum corps where we have minors participating in the activity?  "Oh Chris! You are being too much of a square teetotaler...get with the times man!!!"   People may call me unhip and too old-fashioned, but I'm making a counter-cultural argument against these disconcerting show theme trends towards darkness, obscurity, and now seduction.   

"This seductive, powerful character begins life solely as an invasion of mind, but quickly becomes something more, blurring the lines between beauty, madness, and desire." - Phantom program description

Edited by chris7997
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, chris7997 said:

Now Phantom.  Here we go again.  Like I said, drum corps cliched themes have got to be dark, eastern...and now "seductive!" All for what? To be "cool"?  "Blurring the lines" according to their show description...of course!  Gag.  What is this Fifty Shades of Grey?!  We cannot make any sort of value judgement or have any redeeming qualities to our shows...dark "madness and desire" have to be the order of the day.  What kind of culture is this promoting in drum corps where we have minors participating in the activity?  "Oh Chris! You are being too much of a square teetotaler...get with the times man!!!"   People may call me unhip and too old-fashioned, but I'm making a counter-cultural argument against these disconcerting show theme trends towards darkness, obscurity, and now seduction.   

"This seductive, powerful character begins life solely as an invasion of mind, but quickly becomes something more, blurring the lines between beauty, madness, and desire." - Phantom program description

the poets and fabric-fanatics can flit about all they want in ST.  It still comes down to how your corps drums, how do they move, how do they perform the music; all else is but window dressing.  If the guts aren't good, it doesn't matter what fashion house picked the hue. Perhaps relax a little while the designers pretend they are creative geniuses  spawning masterpieces for the ages. It doesn't feed the poor, cure the sick, house the homeless or the other important challenges of this life whose response marks our true stature for eternity.  Don't sweat the small stuff  (while many of us agree with you.) Artists as a genre are known to have depressed personalities according to the DSM. Their preferences follow that pattern.

Edited by xandandl

6 hours ago, chris7997 said:

Now Phantom.  Here we go again.  Like I said, drum corps cliched themes have got to be dark, eastern...and now "seductive!" All for what? To be "cool"?  "Blurring the lines" according to their show description...of course!  Gag.  What is this Fifty Shades of Grey?!  We cannot make any sort of value judgement or have any redeeming qualities to our shows...dark "madness and desire" have to be the order of the day.  What kind of culture is this promoting in drum corps where we have minors participating in the activity?  "Oh Chris! You are being too much of a square teetotaler...get with the times man!!!"   People may call me unhip and too old-fashioned, but I'm making a counter-cultural argument against these disconcerting show theme trends towards darkness, obscurity, and now seduction.   

You are starting to become annoying. Posting the same thing all over the forum. Cool. We get it. You don't like dark show themes. Don't watch then.

I also dont understand what you mean by "eastern".... how is Phantom's show "eastern"? How is Metamorph "eastern"? 

Personally, I'm glad most shows aren't exuberating happiness the whole time. Barf. Yawn. True art should make you think. And sometimes, it should make you uncomfortable. Otherwise it is boring and forgettable. 

I also dont think this criticism is warranted yet. Come back in July after you've seen all of these productions on the field. 

Edited by Brass34
  • Like 1