2017 Programs & Playlist:

9 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Carolina Crown has officially confirmed the title of their 2017 production as being "It is..."

http://www.carolinacrown.org/index.php/connect/latest-news/178-2017-crown-show-announcement

I figured it was confirmed ever since they announced it...

• Like 1

On 6/17/2017 at 3:04 PM, tesmusic said:

Cowboys playing Romeo and Juliet . . . interesting.

Although Blue Stars are doing a show called Star Crossed, with music from movie about a French cabaret, so I guess it makes sense.

Shakespeare all over the place these days. Star-Crossed on the CW, Will coming soon to TNT, theaters across the country producing the stage version of Shakespeare in Love, and of course a certain production of Julius Caesar is getting national press.

3 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Shakespeare all over the place these days. Star-Crossed on the CW, Will coming soon to TNT, theaters across the country producing the stage version of Shakespeare in Love, and of course a certain production of Julius Caesar is getting national press.

That wasn't my point...

Didn't say it was.

Meanwhile, what's left to learn? Three more parts of Troopers' repertoire, Bluecoats' title, Cascades' music, Colts' music, Mandarins' music, and anything else?

5 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Didn't say it was.

Meanwhile, what's left to learn? Three more parts of Troopers' repertoire, Bluecoats' title, Cascades' music, Colts' music, Mandarins' music, and anything else?

I don't think dragging announcements into parts is such a great idea...it is just not as effective as the corps think it is for that matter...It didn't do Crown any favors either...

Edited by Liahona

The four movements of Troopers 2017 are titled "The Foe," "The Friend," "The Lover" and "The Foil." So far, the only piece that has been mentioned as being part of the source music is Prokofiev's "Romeo & Juliet." If other pieces are mentioned later, I will post the video(s) in which they are mentioned here.

5 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Update: Troopers will also use "Nessun Dorma" from Turandot by Giacchino Puccini.

WHAT?!

Such an oddball set of picks for them this year.   I never woulda picked PR for Gershwin in 2005 so I'm excited to see them venture out of their roots musically.  I'm sure they'll bring their roots into it though.   

Interesting for sure.  

Bloooooo show: jagged lines

2 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

Bloooooo show: jagged lines

referenced announcement please

btw...none of your signature banners work