2017 Programs & Playlist:

Oregon Crusaders

Today is the day!

We couldn't be more excited to announce our 2017 production, "EnCompass".

Including a stylish and contemporary mashup of source music from Edward Elgar's "Enigma Variations", U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name", and Enya's "Only Time", EnCompass will surely be our most innovative show to date. Learn more about our 2017 production here: www.oregoncrusaders.org/encompass

If they're playing "Nimrod" from the Enigma Variations, I hope they play it slowly enough--and without extra ornamentation. No corps performance has yet captured that piece's power for me.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Which makes me wonder if they won't do some 'mash up' of some sort with Enigma Variations.  Bloo gave Woods this treatment to mash it with Gene Takes a Drink.  Cascades had one of the more interesting musical moments the year they put Jupiter together the Black Hole Sun.  

On 1/13/2017 at 11:17 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

If they're playing "Nimrod" from the Enigma Variations, I hope they play it slowly enough--and without extra ornamentation. No corps performance has yet captured that piece's power for me.

I hope they play every variation EXCEPT Nimrod. There's some great stuff in there...

• Like 1

On 1/14/2017 at 5:15 PM, henry7184 said:

Irish on Broadway = dumb!

I don't like to or rarely criticize creative choices....but it almost seems that the word "Irish" needed to be in there to SELL this idea to the powers that be...to me personally it makes no real sense though...but what do I know...

• Like 1