Field Electronics - How much is too much?

So you are saying they had multiple performances in which there were no sound bites and no microphones used on any instruments?

There were multiple shows where electronics were missing at times during the show. Judging from the behavior of people near the sound board, these outages were unexpected and unintentional.

There were multiple shows where electronics were missing at times during the show. Judging from the behavior of people near the sound board, these outages were unexpected and unintentional.

I would expect there to be some sort of indication in the scores that this happened, similar to a portion of the horn line missing notes. Otherwise, why even have any judging at all?

Edited by Tekneek

After listening to the Top 5 a few more times, I'm wondering why Bloo is getting so ragged on for using "electronics" when Crown and Cavs used a TON of sound patches and soundbites.

Can you imagine either show without those?

No screaming eagle, howling wolf, naying horses, gun shot, choral ensembles, violin, and/or cracking whip just to name A FEW for Crown?

And no way The Cavaliers show would have even worked without electronics.

I saw Cavies with an electronic failure, you’re right, it didn’t work

I’m not ragging on Bloo (although I may after I hear the CD) but to me the difference is faking horn parts, overly supporting horn parts, burying horn parts and dirt with effects. I was far less impressed with their 2015 hornline hearing the CD than I was seeing them live

One of the most offensive uses of electronic this year was a horrible tone on trumpet soloist at Regiment, sounded like the trumpet was being played through an AM radio - it didn't fit the context, mood or anything it was just bad

Edited by cowtown

<snip>

but to me the difference is faking horn parts, overly supporting horn parts, burying horn parts and dirt with effects.

</snip>

ABSOLUTELY

Look up "Cavaliers 2006 Machine" if they can do that show without electronics, they would've found a way to do propaganda..