Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

Are they starting ST way earlier than in the past? I can't remember a time where the Cadets or BD weren't the first major corps to start.... And compared to Madison, bloo will have 10 days on them! Things I think about......

On 5/18/2017 at 4:08 PM, buzz16 said:

Are they starting ST way earlier than in the past? I can't remember a time where the Cadets or BD weren't the first major corps to start.... And compared to Madison, bloo will have 10 days on them! Things I theenink about......

It's the colleges nationwide who are starting and ending earlier and earlier. Cadets starting date is within a few days of when they have been doing ST for the last fifteen years or so. A further look reveals many more corps are sending their drum lines to camp earlier than most of the corps, some the guard as well, probably due to the WGI distraction from winter camps; this extra week becomes tutorial and remedial to catch up to the rest of the corps. Perhaps it was the Rennicks at Phantom and copied when they moved to SCV, and BD's historical drumline residency requirements which began the trends. Drummers would know better than I do about this.

Edited by xandandl

Can confirm: 

I was was at spring training today, and Bluecoats are playing lip slurs, warm-up and technique building exercises. And contrary to some reports, they have a full horn line.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Can confirm: 

I was was at spring training today, and Bluecoats are playing lip slurs, warm-up and technique building exercises.

With that repertoire, there's no doubt they'll be in the running for another championship.

3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

With that repertoire, there's no doubt they'll be in the running for another championship.

... and they nailed them!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Can confirm: 

I was was at spring training today, and Bluecoats are playing lip slurs, warm-up and technique building exercises. And contrary to some reports, they have a full horn line.

Along with playing most of the show :-)

Edited by oldbandguy

9 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Along with playing most of the show :-)

Oh yeah, that too!

On 4/14/2017 at 5:18 PM, Cadevilina Crown said:

I will only give away two hints: Only one DCI corps has performed a piece by the artist in their program, and DCP members have been asking for corps to play more of that artist's music on the field for many years.

Janacek doesn't really seem like the Bluecoats' style.

(Kidding! I have no idea what they're playing, but only one DCI corps has ever played anything by that great Czech composer.)