Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

5 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

With that repertoire, there's no doubt they'll be in the running for another championship.

Um... Not necessarily so. wait to see the design of the show first. think about the other elements of the show before you can say they'll be running for another championship in spite their consistent show design awesomeness for the past few years. a lot of great changes this year and its kinda hard to say now who will be in the running for championship. I love Coats but it's always a challenge for a corps to come back with a design follow up act to defend the championship title the year after. But with all that said i have no doubt the show will be great, just do not know yet whether it will be in the running until it is seen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Um... Not necessarily so. wait to see the design of the show first. think about the other elements of the show before you can say they'll be running for another championship in spite their consistent show design awesomeness for the past few years. a lot of great changes this year and its kinda hard to say now who will be in the running for championship. I love Coats but it's always a challenge for a corps to come back with a design follow up act to defend the championship title the year after. But with all that said i have no doubt the show will be great, just do not know yet whether it will be in the running until it is seen.

Love the music selections, but I have no idea how they're going to make it work.  Should be an interesting ride for sure!

7 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Love the music selections, but I have no idea how they're going to make it work.  Should be an interesting ride for sure!

Yes it should be interesting.. i don't know the rep yet, but5 it sounds like a real treat. feel excited with just not knowing much at all.

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

I've heard most of the source material, and I'm excited by the possibilities. Definitely sounds "Bluecoats," no worries there.

Mike

I would love to hear some of what you heard.

2 hours ago, flammaster said:

I have gotten to the point where I no longer care what they do.  

In the sense that you trust they'll put out quality substance or that it doesn't interest you?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

In the sense that you trust they'll put out quality substance or that it doesn't interest you?

No I am just tired of all this secret crap.  

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, flammaster said:

No I am just tired of all this secret crap.  

same here.  

if you think last year was an attempt to turn the field into a ginormous WGI floor, you ain't seen nothing yet, so maybe not the best news for me, personally.  it'll be great for the majority of current dci fans who don't mind the activity turning into WGI winds. 

i do like the music rep i've heard about much more than last year's. really all i care about. 

Edited by Lance
  • Like 1

Well, I like what I have  seen and heard so far, though it is early in ST. I have attended  two days of brass sectionals and then staging rehearsal last night. They have about 2:30 of drill learned. Things are moving right along.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3