Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

6 hours ago, superOOk said:

Wow what an ensemble tonight. Zappa sounds amazing!!! Waaaay better than source (brass version). Psychopomp is nuts!

You're saying their Zappa sounds better than that Cu2+ brass arrangement? Because that version is crazy good and now I'm even more hyped to hear Bloo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IntercalaryTurtle said:

You're saying their Zappa sounds better than that Cu2+ brass arrangement? Because that version is crazy good and now I'm even more hyped to hear Bloo

I think it is better. Doug Thrower's arrangement is stellar. But I may be biased.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, IntercalaryTurtle said:

Yes. I actually had to tell Doug last night how much I loved his arrangement. Oh, and Bluecoats trumpets have invented an entirely new mute! :babies:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, superOOk said:

Yes. I actually had to tell Doug last night how much I loved his arrangement. Oh, and Bluecoats trumpets have invented an entirely new mute! :babies:

I think Doug is an extremely underrated arranger.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I think Doug is an extremely underrated arranger.

All this talk about Doug Thrower reminds me that I just realized today that he is also arranging the brass book for Pacific Crest! I forget if he was appointed to this position this year or last year, but at any rate I can't wait to hear his brass arrangements for that corps (and the Bluecoats, of course)!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

All this talk about Doug Thrower reminds me that I just realized today that he is also arranging the brass book for Pacific Crest! I forget if he was appointed to this position this year or last year, but at any rate I can't wait to hear his brass arrangements for that corps (and the Bluecoats, of course)!

Another reason for me to go check out Pacific Crest early!

Edited by jjeffeory

So tonight Bloo worked on some technical issues ... balance of an octet in Psychopomp which is now much improved ... and balance / technical issues with Grow 'Till Tall ... problems solved. The corps has pushed through the opening of Zomby Woof though there is clearly lots of layers to be added to both One Study and the beginning of Zomby Woof. All the while, more changes were made to improve an already strong first seven minutes of the show. The process Bloo uses to construct their show is fascinating to say the least.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3