Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

#BlooForceOne was a success! We also got to see Thank You Scientist perform, and watched as they saw their music bring tears to their eyes.

This is my favorite Bloo show already. If this doesn't win gold I'll be shocked. Absolutely incredible. There is drill, that, if not performed correctly, could be life threatening. I've never seen anything like this attempted before. The horn and drum line sounds like mid season, the guard is the best guard Bloo has ever had, and nobody is taking GE from them this year.

I am not hyping this.

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, superOOk said:

#BlooForceOne was a success! We also got to see Thank You Scientist perform, and watched as they saw their music bring tears to their eyes.

This is my favorite Bloo show already. If this doesn't win gold I'll be shocked. Absolutely incredible. There is drill, that, if not performed correctly, could be life threatening. I've never seen anything like this attempted before. The horn and drum line sounds like mid season, the guard is the best guard Bloo has ever had, and nobody is taking GE from them this year.

I am not hyping this.

I suspect some BD homers/and the actual corps will have something to say about that (and rightfully so).  lol

But I love your unabashed enthusiasm, always puts a huge smile on my face.  You guys are getting me SO PUMPED to see this show!  

• Like 5

I didn't realize how excited I was for this show until today, and reading all of the positive remarks about it makes me absolutely ecstatic. I can't wait to see it - and that's an understatement. 

• Like 4

I seriously cannot stop humming this show. Omg that closer. Holy ####. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IntercalaryTurtle said:

I'll be able to make it to their rehearsals Friday and Saturday in Canton and I could not possibly be more excited <3

I'll be there! 

• Like 1

One thing I'm hearing that the corps is worried about is how Tom Blair mics this show. It will be very interesting to see how the theater sounds on Thursday. I can tell you though, reserve judgement until you see this show live. The audio engineering of this show is the most professional I've ever seen. You don't even realize its there. The corps spent a good 30% of the ensemble yesterday just working with Aaron Beck (Head of Audio on Michael Jackson One by Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas, NV). It's absolutely amazing what is happening here, and I think BLOO is light years ahead of anyone else I've seen.

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 5

Coats are the name of the game in the audio design field in DCI and it isn't close.  I'll be seeing it tomorrow in the theater but I know to take that with a grain of salt until I see it live in Houston.

• Like 5