Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

4 hours ago, hostrauser said:

It's interesting: Crown's show is about how different DCI has become, and the Bluecoats show seems to be almost about how drum corps is still drum corps, just tuned up a bit.

Yes! I was thinking the same thing while in the shower this morning. I said to myself, "Self, the Bluecoats show, thematically, is the exact opposite of Crown's."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mingusmonk said:

Well. That was the end of part 1. How about show finish. Brace yourself for POWER SHOTS 1:55. I don't want anyone to get hurt.

I LOVE DA POWER SHOTS!   

:88_raised_hands:

(almost typed power ##### and I definitely don't love those).  

So now, instead of wearing a warm-up tee under the uniform and adding the jacket later, they are wearing warm up outfits over the uni and taking them off for the show? Weird.

Or was this just a one-night thing to keep the uni secret a little while longer?

I know this means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things but that video after less than 24 hours has over 16,000 views and 985 Likes/6 Dislikes.  I account for 15,999.  

:)

I know my mom loves Broadway so I showed her this and she picked up the Fosse stuff SUPER quick from the look and choreography stuff.  She loves it.  ALSO found out she knows/likes Zappa and identified Zomby Woof within like 10 seconds.  

She gets +100 cool mom points and I think she's a Bloo fan club member now.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, monoemono said:

So now, instead of wearing a warm-up tee under the uniform and adding the jacket later, they are wearing warm up outfits over the uni and taking them off for the show? Weird.

Or was this just a one-night thing to keep the uni secret a little while longer?

Might be to keep them clean...what with it being white and all.

6 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Am I the only one who thinks the solo in the ballad should be played on a mello, not a euph? I just think the solo range is too high to be played on a euph, and also the mello has a brighter tone and thus is more characteristic of Jonsi's voice in the original recording. Just a thought.

It's gotta be a french horn!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

It's gotta be a french horn!  

I will be able to look past the trumpet screaming if this happens

Edited by kinetic inferno11
  • Like 2

Just now, DrumManTx said:

If you don't like trumpet screamers you're really not gonna like BD this year.  lol

Lol I still like BD this year. And I like Bluecoats more this year than last year because there is far less of it. It just really doesn't do anything for me. And it can get almost obnoxious at certain points, which I guess can be intended at times.