Bluecoats 2017 thread - Go Blooooooo!

9 hours ago, skevinp said:

And, continuing with the logic, why doesn't Crown wear crowns on their heads, why don't the Blue Devils have horns on their heads, why aren't the Cadets training to be officers, and why hasn't Santa Clara advised me about my stock portfolio?

On your stock portfolio suggestions, Boston could do that now for you,... if you ask nicely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

On your stock portfolio suggestions, Boston could do that now for you,... if you ask nicely.

The IAM group does have an investment type club used to buy and sell their instruments.  Not a huge return, but it's a steady return and the corps gets help.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

Until shown otherwise, the Bluecoats are the Corps to beat this summer. They are the front runner. Not the Blue Devils. I have not seen the Blue Devils, but hope to catch them on Flo for the 1st time tonite. Musically, the Bluecoats are playing music that I can really get into. Its has a great groove. The attire is far better to me than last season's, and the visuals intriguing. The percussion writing is out of this world too, and the Guard is 1st rate. They have no noticeable weaknesses in any sections, nor even in their show design, imo. Its the whole package, and they will be tough to beat, imo once the early season dirt is cleaned up, and the show tweaked here and there. I think at the moment they have a great chance to repeat.. not an easy thing to do if you are not the Blue Devils these days now.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 5

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2017 at 3:45 PM, Cadevilina Crown said:

In reference to the most recent post... And for everyone's enjoyment.

Ah yes... That's much better.

Keeping the instrumentation 'in the family' makes for a better blend of overtones and intonation.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 4

Bluecoats easily have the most electrifying closer in DCI as of now. Absolutely incredible, those soloists at the end leading up to the massive hit are doing an amazing job

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Ah yes... That's much better.

Keeping the instrumentation 'in the family' makes for a better blend of overtones and intonation.

I agree, I have doubts they're going to change their approach to this all that much, but I wish they weren't playing through mics and speakers for such a gorgeous arrangement that really needs the overtones present in order to really shine. 

• Like 3

Give this ballad some more time.  They WILL get it fixed...all of it.  There were times at Spring Training when everything was exactly as intended...and it was breathtaking!  The euphonium being used is Yamaha's Professional model ($7000+) and it (this specific horn) CAN sound beautiful.  It is a much better instrument than the standard concert euphonium most bands use.

The electronics haven't been perfect in the first two shows either, but that too will get fixed. 

This ballad, and all that goes with it, has had much thought put into it and in many ways could be the most creative and unique musical experience in a GREAT show.

• Like 5